March 30, 2014

Window Sheet meets Step Card!

Welcome to my blog! I have a really neat card to show you today and I am even including the directions! Take a peek at a "Step Card" that uses a Window Sheet for the front layer:
 

Isn't it neat how you can see the designer paper peeking through the Window Sheet in the background? I saw a similar card on Pinterest that was created by Lisa Baker. I decided to give it a try without any type of directions to go on. I made my own. I'm a visual person. I don't need measurements as my favorite subject math....always comes in quite handy.

This is what the card looks like when you turn it a little sideways. See the steps on the inside? And the card never falls over because all the panels are attached to each other!


Okay, here we go, come along for the ride and create one of these with me...

Step 1:


You will need a piece of designer paper measuring 4 1/4" x 12". Score at 1/2", 6", 7 1/4", 8 1/2",  9 1/2", 10 1/2" and 11 1/4".  Fold as shown above on all the score lines to create the mountain and valley folds. Use your Bone Folder to make all the folds crisp. If you fold it as I have shown in the photo, make sure the side of the designer paper you choose to peek through the window sheet faces upwards.

Step 2:


Add Sticky Strip to the first portion of your "steps" towards the center as shown above. Remove the backing from the Sticky Strip and push this fold forward to the large area that will serve as your card background, press in place to make it flat.

Step 3:


You will need a Window Sheet that measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Apply Sticky Strip to the other end of the designer paper with the single small tab. Remove Sticky Strip backing and glue the window sheet to the underside of the tab, making sure to slide the Window Sheet all the way to the fold. Fold on score line. This will be the very front of your card base. Notice how the small tab makes it look like there is an awning on the front of the Window Sheet!

Step 4:


Add Sticky Strip to the other end of your window sheet on the front as shown above.


Step 5:


Press the Window Sheet in place behind the very first step as shown above. Your card now sits up like an easel.

Step 6:


You will need 2 strips of cardstock. I used Wild Wasabi on my card. The strips measure 1" x 4 1/4" and 1 1/2" x 4 1/4". Using your Fringe Scissors, cut into the cardstock to resemble grass. Leave about 1/4" at the bottom so you have something to glue to. Add Sticky Strip to the bottom of the largest strip. Glue the 2nd piece on top of this first piece, layered.

Step 7: 

Glue the layered grasses to the card front of your card using Sticky Strip. I added a ribbon around the whole bottom of my card and tied it into a double-knot and added my sentiment using Stampin' Dimensionals.
The flowers are all stamped and hand-cut using Marina Mist, Tangerine Tango, Real Red and Wild Wasabi Inks. I glued and layered them over two layers of Tea Lace Doilies that were cut in half and glue together to form the two layers. Glue to your Window Sheet using Stampin' Dimensionals by sliding under the grasses.
I also stamped the large "Hello" sentiment and hand-cut. Glue in place using Sticky Strip. Finish off the card using a trio of Candy Dots!

Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Window Sheets
  • DSP: Subtles Collection Paper Stack
  • Inks: Marina Mist, Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango
  • Accessories: Candy Dots, Real Red 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Tea Lace Doilies
  • Tools:  Fringe Scissors, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Modern Label Punch
  • Stamps: Simple Stems, My Friend

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

11 comments:

  1. How clever is that?! I'm the polar opposite of you...gotta have exact measurements, pattern, template and sample to constantly look at. I specialize in OCD stamping Ü
    Love, love...LOVE your card and thanks for the awesome instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, clever and beautiful! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great share! I'm so thankful for abstract minds, i am a concrete thinker.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I will have to case this for my next class. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for yet another great card with the directions!! tfs ...of to try this awesome card. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. As soon as my back-ordered scissors arrive, I want to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant Debbie. Thanks for sharing all the details. Neat idea to make use of full frontal clarity with the window sheet. {grin} Does the card fold fairly flat for mailing or are we talking a padded envelope?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card and design....thank you for providing your tutorial. I have to make a special bday card for a very dear and special friend and this will be perfect...so beautiful and so different! I don't have the same stamp set but thinking I have something that will work well. THANK YOU for sharing this great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I,love this card and have tried several times to make it. I must be missing something! You say to cut a piece of DSP 4-1/4 x 11-1/4". Then you say to score at 11-1/4. I'm confused! Also, does this card fit a regular size A2 envelope?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry Sue, I copied the measurement of the score and not the end size of the DSP. It should have been 12" long. I fixed it! This card when folded measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" so yes, it fits a regular envelope unless you add lots of layers to make it bulky.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Debbie, that worked better! Still can't get it in a regular envelope. A good excuse to use my envelope punch board! Thank you for sharing!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!