March 19, 2014

The Controls Freaks Blog Hop!

Hi Everyone and welcome to the March Tour De Freaks Blog Hop sponsored by the Control Freak Stampers!


What is "Tour De Freaks"? We are a dedicated group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators who bring to you a blog hop on the 19th of each month. This month we are celebrating Easter or Spring! If you've just arrived from LeeAnn Greff's blog, what a wonderful line-up of projects she had in store for you! If you're starting from my blog just continue along the way to view all of the participants.

For the Easter theme this month, I stuck with one stamp set called "Eggstra Spectacular" and created 3 coordinating projects:


Card #1:


I started out by sponging some clouds using Pool Party Ink and a Sponge Dauber and then added 3 rows of grasses that I cut and layered using my Fringe Scissors. I stamped the eggs using Pink Pirouette, Perfect Plum, Pool Party and Crushed Curry Inks and cut them all out using the Wide Oval Punch. I added a Pearl Jewel to the top of each egg (I just noticed one is missing!) and tucked them within the grasses:


Card #2:


For my second card I made the eggs the same way as the first card and glued them to a tag made with the Angled Tag Topper Punch. Layer two is embossed with the Chevron Embossing Folder and the Needlepoint Border Embossing Folder. I added a row of Pearl Jewels at the bottom of my tag:



And for my final project, a stamped candle:

 
For those of you that are new to stamping, this is a technique that has been around for awhile. You are probably asking yourself...how did she stamp on a candle? There's a little trick to it of course. You actually start out with a piece of white tissue paper cut to the size of your candle. Stamp your images on the tissue paper. Cut around the stamped images to removed excess tissue paper. Place the tissue paper with the stamped images around your candle and wrap a piece of waxed paper around the whole candle. This keeps everything intact and keeps you from getting burned! Using a Heat Tool, gently warm up the candle wax being careful not to aim at the same exact spot for too long. The wax actually heats up and sucks in the tissue paper. Voila!

Now its off to visit Justin Krieger's blog for lots more inspiration! I hope you enjoyed my projects for this month. Click on the logo below to keep you moving along. Thanks for stopping by today and make sure you visit all of the designers for our blog hop!

http://jkcards.wordpress.com/
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. I love that set, too, Debbie, and used it for the tour! LOVE your projects! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all your BEAUTIFUL Easter/Springtime goodness!! All THREE of your projects are GREAT! Love how they coordinate with each other, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome ensemble of projects! The cards are fantastic but that candle is just gorgeous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost used that set, too! I love how you made three completely different looks using the same stamp set. My fave, I think, is the tag card. The double embossing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love white on white cards...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layers of fringed grass! I really need to use my scissors. The grass around the candle reminds me of a spring Martha Stewart-type candle I made once... so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects Debbie. The candle is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!