March 25, 2014

Kaitlynn's 6th Birthday Party!

We celebrated my granddaughter Kaitlynn's 6th birthday on March 21st. Her birthday party was on Saturday the 22nd and the Kindergarten kids had a blast (so did the adults)!

WARNING: this is a long post but lots of goodies to share today!

The theme for Kaitlynn's party was "Circus". I started out by creating birthday invites for her whole Kindergarten class. I used all Stampin' Up! supplies to cut out these circus tent shaped cards:


I used my SC cutting machine . This circus tent card opens up to reveal the invite. Here is a close-up of the front:


And then the inside:



And this is the card I made for her from Grammy & Grampy. I used my cutting machine once again to fill a pop-up box card with circus mini props:


I glued the props on toothpicks first and then glued them in place inside the card:
 

I've made quite a few of these cards by now and this one was so much fun. I even giggled while assembling it with all the prop pieces:



How neat is that huh?


This is a horse carousel I created, again with my cutting machine. It was used as a centerpiece on the kids table. You can untie the ribbon and add stuff inside. I opted to use it for decorative purposes only:


And another box. This one we filled with Skittles:


And a frame to add Kaitlynn's birthday girl picture:

 
Birthday Cake Topper:
 



The birthday cake made by yours truly:


Cupcakes:

 
A gift bag I made for a small gift for Kaitlynn. This uses (2) 12" x 12" pieces of DSP:



Directional sign of activities:


Props:


Vanilla dipped Oreo's with sprinkles:


Candies:


Snacks:


Snack & Cake Table:


The "Birthday Girl":


Grammy busy face-painting the kids. I had them lined up:

 
Blowing out "6" candles:

 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

14 comments:

  1. How fun! I don't think you left anything out for this themed party. I just love all the 3D projects including the card in a box. She'll remember this for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Debbie, this is amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding! Great job! Makes me wish I had a 6 yr old again!

    Denise M

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creative. I LOVE the invitations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely wonderful!!! Is an SC an electronic cutter?
    So many wonderful ideas!!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWEE! Debbie, this so amazing! You really outdid yourself with all those awesomely perfect details. Totally impressed, your granddaughter is SO LUCKY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Debbie, I'm pulling my jaw up off the floor!!!!! You thought of EVERYTHING AND MORE for Kaitlynn!! Everything is adorable, I love it all!! And Face Painting to boot! I just imagine the kids were wild for that!! Thanks for sharing your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super-fantastic day Kaitlynn must have had! Awesome, awesome projects and presentation. Thank you for sharing so many photos. It was wonderful getting to see what you did for her birthday this year. I'll add my "WOW" along with everyone else's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful decor for a birthday party. Amazing detail!! TFS your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My word Debbie, this is TOTALLY amazing, such a creative labour of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic! So much creativity and work. Your grand-daughter is one very lucky girl to have such a clever grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic party idea! Everything looks amazing and your pop up card is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Could you share more details on how you made the invitations? Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is from a cut file I purchased through Silhouette Cameo Lisa that I cut with my machine.

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!