March 2, 2014

Happy Anniversary to Rod & Judy!

I have two cards for you today. Last night Dave and I got together with 5 other couples to take Rod & Judy out for supper to celebrate their 40th Anniversary. Wow, what a milestone! We had a great time with food & friends. Rod had approached me about 3 weeks ago to ask me to create a special card for his wife that he could give her. This is what I came up with:


After doing a little bit of research, I found the "Ruby" is the assigned symbol for this milestone so I created a "Ruby" card. The "Red Glimmer Paper" was a little to bright of a red so I dug out my "Cherry Cobbler Ink" and "Aqua Painter" and painted on the darker color. I love how the glimmer paper came out a shade darker:


Everything else I added was to compliment each other with the black, white & Cherry Cobbler colors:


Rod is quite the Mr. Funny and a prankster kind-of-guy so I thought the "Just Sayin" stamp set was just the right kind of stamps to use inside of the card:




Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
  • Accessories: Organza Ribbon, Pearl Stick Pins (non-SU!)
  • Inks: Cherry Cobbler, StazOn Jet Black
  • DSP: Regals Paper Stack
  • Stamps: Express Yourself, Just Sayin'
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Designer Frames, Scallop Heart Embosslits Die (retired), Designer Frames Embossing Folder, Modern Label Punch, Typeset Alphabet Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals 
I also created a card for Rod & Judy from Dave & I:


I used the Stippled Blossoms stamp set for this one and added Black Glitter at the bottom of the card. The glitter is awesome in real person. How did I add the glitter? I used my VersaMark Ink Pad first and stomped it upside-down on the Basic Black card base. I then sprinkled Heat and Stick Powder first and set with my Heat Tool then sprinkled with the Black Glitter. I used my Heat Tool again to just warm up the Heat and Stick so that the glitter would settled into it:


Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Cherry Cobber
  • Inks: Cherry Cobbler, StazOn Jet Black
  • Tools: Heat Tool, Decorative Label Punch, Heat and Stick Powder, Black Glitter, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: Satin Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels
  • Stamps: Stippled Blossoms
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. You are amazingly talented! LOVE both your cards and thank you so much for the helpful hints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both these cards are so beautiful! I need to make a "Ruby" anniversary card...You have inspired me! Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, both of these cards are so creative and wonderful! I'm sure both of them made your friends feel so special and celebrated! Thanks for sharing your techniques for making the unique touches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, I love these cards, especially the first one. I think being asked to make a card by a friend, for a special occasion, is such an honor. You surely delivered. Thanks a bunch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card you created for your friend - his wife will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, these cards are beautiful, but I must say I
    especially like the first one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are fabulous!!!!!! Lucky friends....know you had a fabulous time and that she loved the special card that you designed and they both loved the other card for 'them' that you designed...super job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!