So here is the first project we created:
I wanted to let the girls use some new products from our Occasions Catalog this year. The new Spiral Flower Die to make these gorgeous flowers and the Hexagon Hive Die that cuts a large hive for you:
If you have this die already and are having issues with getting the cardstock to pop out, I showed the girls how to add a piece of Wax paper in-between the die and the cardstock. It peels right off from the die this way!
- Cardstock: Real Red, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
- DSP: Modern Medly
- Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Starburst Sayings
- Inks: Real Red
- Tools: Big Shot Machine, Starburst Framelits Dies, Spiral Flower Die, Pansy Punch, Hexagon Hive Framelits Die, Stampin' Dimensionals
- Misc: Glue Gun
These are two goodie holders that I myself designed using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. I had the idea of using the design of the punch to create the heads as flaps and they came out exactly like I pictured in my head. Love it when that happens. And before you ask, these two projects will be included in my monthly card kits that I sell once a month. This card kit will be available on my blog on April 1st.
For the final project of the night, I showed the girls how to create a Pop-Up Card Box. I've made several of these already and they are a blast to put together. We filled ours with butterflies:
- Cardstock: Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
- DSP: In Color Paper Stack
- Inks: Crushed Curry, Midnight Muse, Rich Razzleberry
- Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, Just Sayin'
- Tools: Big Shot Machine, Word Bubbles Framelits Dies, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder
- Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon (retired)
EDITED: I forgot to instruct you on how to complete the inside of the box to attach your items to: This is what the box looks like when you are peeking in from the top:
Use the 2" strip that you cut from the instructions on the pattern and cut the strip to 1" wide. Use two score lines and cut 1/2" away from each score line. You will need 2 of these strips. Fold on the score lines to resemble a "U" and glue as shown in the photo above to the sides of the box and even with the top.
How can you be part of my team and why would you want to? Because you get to save 20% on ALL purchases of Stampin' Up! product in all current catalogs and you have me to guide you! Click HERE to read about my promotion if you join!