March 27, 2014

CCMC296!

Hi Everyone, so glad you are popping in today. We have a color challenge at Create with Connie & Mary this week but before I move on to my project, have you signed up for our Card "Create"tions 2014 subscription yet?


 3 weeks of FABULOUS card ideas - 18 different sets (not including our two Preview sets).

  • Each SET is presented with 4 cards...for a total of 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas NOT SEEN ANYWHERE ELSE!
  • Each Saturday we will each do a small favor as a bonus item using the same set we use during the week.   These WILL be displayed publicly but only subscribers will see the cards!
Now on to this week's challenge. Here is the line-up of colors we are using:

 
And this is my card:
I cut out a stencil using the Hexagon Hive Die and used the hexagon holes from the die to stencil some ink. I didn't fill in all the holes, only a selected portion of the die:

I then stamped some specks using the Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set at the top and bottom of my card:

 
The bees are from the Barnyard Basics Stamp Set and of course we have the coordinating die to cut them out once they are inked! Nice!

The sentiment is from the Starburst Saying Stamp Set and again, cut out with the coordinating Starburst Framelits Dies:

 
Here are the supplies I used:
  • Cardstock: Pacific Point, Smoky Slate, Summer Starfruit
  • Inks: Pacific Point, Smoky Slate, Summer Starfruit
  • Stamps: Barnyard Basics, Gorgeous Grunge, Starburst Sayings
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels, 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: Barnyard Basics Framelits Dies, Starburst Framelits Dies, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. What a clever way to use the Hexagon die! The hexagons are so subtle which makes the bees really stand out. It's a BEEutiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the effect of the sponged hexagons! Such a creative way to use that die! Beautiful card, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Debbie this is fabulous...even the Summer Starfruit looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a REAL bee hive! Very fun! Great idea for this frame lit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your beehive is amazing! You should frame this one, its a mini piece of art. I never realized before how Summer Starfruit looks like rich honey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stenciling is OUT OF THIS WORLD! Absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE! Your card is so gorgeous! You have done your job and sold me on all of it! Now I need to make a new wish list and get all these things so I can CASE your amazing card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!