March 20, 2014

CCMC295!

It's sketch challenge time and a new week at Create with Connie & Mary! Here is our sketch for this week:

 
When my granddaughter lived close-by, I used to take her to the library for kids day once a week. The kids sat and listened to a volunteer that read them a short book and then made a craft. I miss that! They now live 2 hours away, moving in June last year and I don't get to spend as much time with Kaitlynn like I used to. One of the projects they made was a bunny rabbit out of fun foam that was shaped like flowers and had several layers. I kept the little piece of paper that had the pattern that came with the kit thinking I could replicate it into a card. Here's my card:


I used the Blossoms Party Die to cut out some flowers and layered them to form my bunny's face. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to lift all of the layers. He actually looks 3D-ish. It was hard to capture with the camera but here's a closer look:


I kept the colors in my card to grays and pinks along with the white. I also used the Squares Collection Framelits Dies for my card base:

 
Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
  • Inks: Smoky Slate, Smoky Slate Stampin' Write Marker
  • Stamps: Eggstra Spectacular
  • Accessories: Silver Ribbon, Googly Eyes
  • Tools: Word Window Punch, Large Oval Punch, Blossom Party Die, Sponge Dauber, Stampin' Dimensionals, Big Shot Machine, Squares Collection Framelits Dies
  • DSP: Watercolor Wonder
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. Debbie, your card is adorable. When I first saw that bunny face I thought immediately how cute that be for a children's craft! Yes, I used to be that librarian (not yours of course) who read books and did crafts with children. Fun times. Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! You are so clever and creative! Such a cute way to make a bunny with SU! products! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little bunny! Love the pink/gray color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet idea!! I love how you built the bunny, so very clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SO CLEVER AND CREATIVE! I LOVE the flower bunny! Will be CASING soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute with the flower bunny...FUN! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, this is adorable. How VERY CREATIVE of you to adapt that pattern from another media to make this darling card! Love Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!