March 6, 2014

CCMC293!

I so wish spring would get here. Although I am an avid snowmobiler, I'm tired of the snow and mostly of the cold. It has been below zero here again this week and a very hard winter for some. Usually maple syrup businesses in Maine are doing their thing by now, tapping and collecting the maple syrup. It's been all over the news how the trees are still frozen and the sap is not running. Just what this economy needs, more bad news.

What better way to bring in an almost spring with a new challenge at Create with Connie & Mary and a spring card! Here is the sketch for this week:

 
 
How cute is that? And look what I did with the sketch:

Who says the Hexagon Hive is just for bees! Why not add a butterfly in the mix?

 
I stamped all of the images twice and layered them all with Stampin' Dimensionals. The hive is glued on the card base using Stampin' Dimensionals also and yes, I go through a LOT of dimensionals when I make cards! Love those things!
 
Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Strawberry Slush, Whisper White
  • Inks: Strawberry Slush, Perfect Plum
  • Stamps: Polka Dot Pieces
  • Tools: Elegant Butterfly Punch, 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Big Shot Machine, Hexagon Hive Framelits Dies, Banners Framelits Dies, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels
  • DSP: In Color Paper Stack
I also wanted to share with you something I received in the mail last week from Stampin' Up!


I celebrated my 5 year Anniversary with this great company!


And I added my new pin to my collection. I don't dare wear them when I demonstrate because I don't want to lose these precious momentos of achievements & promotions!




debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 5 years!! That's awesome! And I just love your card! Great colors! I love how you layered your images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm sure you've had some wonderful times along the way. Beautiful card today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, that is so terrific. Congratulations on your #5! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Debbie...Congrats on your 5 years

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on 5 years! May you have many more , fun and good times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo! 5 years! Great milestone, Debbie!
    The card is so wonderfully spring-y. Sooooo looking forward to real flowers and butterflies around here. So far just sparrows and crows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so pretty and I love how you used this stamp set with it! (I've admired all the cards you've made with this Framelit, so cool!) Congratulations on your 5th Anniversary! Wishing you many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color on color - and totally loving this framelit!!! Yes, the butterfly is lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your five year pin!!! SO sorry forgot to comment on the beautiful color combo on this fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A creative take on the sketch. Love the colors especially.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the 5 year milestone! I loved your card from the moment I saw it - so many great details. I love the pairing of butterflies with the hexagons and that little banner. Really pretty card, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you popped the hexagon frame up on your card and then distributed the pearls in the title spaces! Congrats on 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on 5 YEARS! What an accomplishment! Sometimes the little things are what get my attention and I just love how you added the little embossed hexigons!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card! I love how the hive is up on dimensionals. I also LOVE the flowers how you did two layers. Just a beautiful card! Happy 5th Anniversary too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!