February 14, 2014

The Open Sea!

Before I start out my post for today, during Sale-A-Bration is the best time to join Stampin' Up! to get 20% off of everything you purchase for any future orders. Why?

  •  $150.00 worth of anything you want for $99 (plus sales tax)
  • FREE SHIPPING on your order
  • 30% off of your first initial $150 order after that
  • No sales are needed
  • No classes are needed
  • No workshops are needed
  • 20% off all orders while you are an active demonstrator
  • One month pre-order before any new catalog goes live
  • 3 free gifts from me for joining
  • And you get me as your coach!
Click here for more details: JOIN MY TEAM!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Funny that I don't have a Valentine's card for you today as I posted all the ones I've made already in the past few weeks. It was my brother's birthday a few weeks ago and I made this masculine card for him:

I have an old retired Stampin' Up! background stamp that I didn't get to use a lot way back when. I have a whole row of retired background stamps that sit at the very top of a shelf of mine that I will never get rid of and this one was crying out to be used. This one was called the "Old World Map" from 1998. I started stamping in 1997. Seems like so long ago and yet it NEVER gets old!

I sponged the edges of my Very Vanilla Cardstock layers:

And I thought the burlap ribbon was perfect for a masculine card. What do you think?

Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Stamps: Old World Map (R), The Open Sea, Wetlands
  • Inks: Baked Brown Sugar
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Starburst Framelits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers, Ticket Punch
  • Accessories: 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon
  • Cardstock: Baked Brown Sugar, Very Vanilla, Pacific Point
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I'm sure your brother is going to love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is beautiful! I was a demonstrator about 10 years ago and I still use a bunch of sets I bought back then. I love that stamp images can be used over and over again and look different each time when combined with different colors, textures, paper, and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, fabulous masculine card!!! your brother will love it!! Masculine cards are hard for me to make, it's always a challenge so, I have a file where I put all of this type of cards and yours is going there!!
    I agree with Keitha, this set is one of the best from SU, I've been using it over and over since it first came out, I can never get tired of this gorgeous images.
    Thank you for sharing your brother's beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice....like you addition of the burlap ribbon...your brother is sure to like his card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!