February 5, 2014

Ombre with Fringe Scissors!

Happy Hump Day Stampers! I have a little treat of a card for you today. This is one of those "Takes Ten (minutes) Cards". Take a look:


Have you seen Stampin' Up!'s new "Fringe Scissors" in our Spring Catalog? They are the hottest new tool around! All I did was cut 4 shades of cardstock to create the "Ombre" look and snipped away with my "Fringe Scissors". How neat is that?


The strips of cardstock measure 4 1/4" x 1 1/4". The colors are Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Marina Mist and Pacific Point. I layered each color about 1/4" higher each time I added a color. I glued all the layers down using "Sticky Strip". I finished off the very top of the last layer using "Coastal Cabana 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim".

I stamped the "Whisper White Cardstock" base using the flower image from the "Peaceful Petals" Stamp Set in "Coastal Cabana Ink". I stamped again on a piece of scrap cardstock without re-inking the stamp image. I then added the sentiment and cut the shape out using the "Decorative Label Punch". I added two "Pearl Jewels" to the flowers and glued the sentiment in place using "Stampin' Dimensionals":

 
Card Supplies:
  • Inks: Coastal Cabana
  • Stamps: Peaceful Petals
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Marina Mist and Pacific Point
  • Tools: Fringe Scissors, Decorative Label Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: Coastal Cabana 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim, Pearl Jewels 
Also wanted to remind you that we are in our 3rd week with Create with Connie & Mary's Spring Collections Edition. It's not too late to join in to receive:

  • 4 FABULOUS weeks filled with wonderful ideas featuring the products from the Occasions Mini and Sale-a-bration brochure!
  • One of these weeks...Card "Create"tions...24 cards seen ONLY by our subscribers
  • One of these weeks...it's a SALE-A-BRATION - projects feature the items from the Sale-a-bration brochure.
As with ALL of our collections...
  • Our projects are ONLY available to our subscribers...we never show the collection projects online (ONLY the Preview Projects are shown)
  • EACH project has a full downloadable PICTURE tutorial that continues all the information you need to recreate the project!
  • Less than $1 per project!
Spring Collection runs January 19th through February 15th!
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Oh Debbie, love the fringe with those colors, AWESOME!!!!! This stamp set is one of my favorites, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card...and I really like those fringes...and no I have not seen them before...must check those scissors out in the catalog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the OMBRE!! You are so talented! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Debbie, this is fabulous! I ordered the scissors on Monday and see they are on Back Order...bleaaccccc! Love what you did and will definitely be casing this one! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!