February 18, 2014

Homemade Feathers!

Today's card is dedicated to one of my customers Cyndee! She has been pinning "feather" cards on Pinterest and wondered if our "Fringe Scissors" would work in creating them. I tried them and unless you want your cut lines at less of an angle, the cuts look a little weird. I preferred my cuts at an angle so I used my "Paper Snips" instead:


First I folded a piece of "Whisper White Cardstock" in half and cut out my feather shapes. I then opened them up and swiped a "VersaMark Ink Pad" to color my tips gold. Once the ink was swiped I sprinkled "Gold Embossing Powder" and heat set with my "Heat Tool":


I then folded my feathers in half again and used my "Paper Snips" to make all the cuts:

 
I took no time at all to complete the three feathers. I embossed more gold on my "Top Note Die" shape by using the "Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set". This card was lots of fun, thanks Cyndee!
Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White
  • Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Petite Pairs
  • Inks: VersaMark
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Top Note Die, Heat Tool, Gold Embossing Powder, Paper Snips, Ticket Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels, Gold Baker's Twine
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Absolutely stunning Debbie. How clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool feathers, Debbie! I'll have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another very clever and beautiful card, Debbie! Your friends could start a whole new challenge in Blogand called "Stumping Debbie!" After seeing your creations, I doubt anyone could!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!