February 27, 2014

CCMC292!

I was a little stumped on the new color challenge this week at Create with Connie & Mary:


After lots and lots of talking to myself (do you do that too?), I decided to go with Clean & Simple with lots of White Space:


I cut the stamped layer using the Banners Framelits Dies with Whisper White Cardstock and got myself to work stamping:


I used the Happy Watercolor stamp set and added the background images first using Summer Starfruit and Pistachio Pudding Inks. I then added the dots and flower image using StazOn Jet Black Ink. I used a Blender Pen and the ink from the Summer Starfruit Ink Pad to fill in my flowers and then finished them off by adding Pearl Jewels.


The card base measures 11" x 4 1/4", scored and folded at 5 1/3". The 2nd layer measures 5 1/4" X 4" and is embossed with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder. The sentiment is from the Chalk Talk Framelits Dies and the coordinating Chalk Talk stamp set. All of my layers are glued in place using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White
  • Inks: Summer Starfruit, Pistachio Pudding, StazOn Jet Black
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels, Summer Starfruit Ribbon
  • Stamps: Chalk Talk, Happy Watercolor
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Banners Framelits Dies, Chalk Talk Framelits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

12 comments:

  1. I really like all the white space paired with this color combo! I know it was a challenge for me, too! Lovely card. Great job with the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and the colors work so well. Congrats on your milestone and may the next 'many years'
    be even more fun and productive.
    Have a joy filled day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the white space! Great CAS design! Beautiful card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, I love the watercolor look on this card, it's CAS all right but, it packs a punch!!!!! The addition of the pearls is all the bling it needs. Truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this card Debbie! Hope you don't mind my casing. I'm with you on talking to myself as I try to figure out my direction to go on a card. Thanks so much - I'm posting to my Pinterst board!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a GORGEOUS card Debbie!!! I just love the watercolor background and the flowers. It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I very recently received this set and have been trying for different ways to use it - though I love what everyone is doing! - this is really different and I love it! I will be doing a series of get well, thinking of you cards for my dear SIL who has upcoming surgery and an elongated process afterwards...this will definitely be one of the cards she will receive! Thank you for always having such fabulous cards and more so sharing them with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is a beautiful card! The watercolor background was a lovely way to use the colors. And I love the subtle look of the woodgrain in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish all my "stumped" days turn out this beautifully. Great job with those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like how you used the colors with the black flower image. Great way to "watercolor" your flowers in without too much fuss!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, this is marvelous! My eye was immediately drawn to the white wood background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie, your card is really gorgeous! You were right on with all the white... it looks great! The banner, the stamp set, the watercolor patches, everything combines beautifully! You rocked this challenging challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!