January 29, 2014

Valentine's Swing Card!

Did you remember to go check out Stampin' Up!'s new Sale-A-Bration products that will be available for the next two months yesterday? We have quite an array of free products don't we? I hope you enjoyed going through the catalog and picking your first FREE item for your next purchase. My online store link is listed at the bottom of this post!

I have a swing card for your today:


This is a Valentine's card that uses non-traditional colors. I really like the color combination and also like how quick this card is to cut out with the "Circle Card Thinlits Die". The only other steps were to cut out a circle in the center thus leaving a ring using the "Circles Collection Framelits Dies":


I added a piece of "Gold Baker's Twine to the backside of the flap all the way down so that I could secure my scallop circle to the center of the hole:


I use the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch and cut out 2 scallops. I then used a smaller circle from the framelits to cut a hole in each scallop circle. After sponging the edges, I then glued the scallops back-to-back keeping the baker's twine between both layers. I then added some hearts in the center cut with the "Small Heart Punch" and the heart from the "Hearts A Flutter Framelits Dies". I again cut 2 of each heart and glued them back-to-back:


This makes for the cutest Valentine's card!



 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

15 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie
    I love this card. It is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ficou muito diferente, porém lindo. Adorei os círculos e ainda estou por entender como o fio foi colado!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcia, I used a piece of Baker's Twine (string) and glued it across the back of the card on the fold first. I then glued my pieces on one side of the string first and then flipped the card over and glued the same pieces on the other side of the string. Hope that makes sense!

      Delete
  3. Wow! I love this card! I love unusual colours for holiday's...however I find class goers like the traditional!
    Great job...thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Barb that most like traditional but I always try to use the non-traditional. Thanks so much for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Love swing cards. You did a terrific job with this one; unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, Debbie. Love those swinging hearts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karren, it was hard to capture just right in my photos!

      Delete
  6. Delightful Valentine Debbie! Wonderful designing! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful vintage valentine looking card.

    Ter ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly