January 26, 2014

Roberta's Mini Doilies!

Good morning and Happy Sunday! First I want to thank everyone for placing orders through my online store and by contacting me while I took the month of January off from classes. I do want to mention though, that when you place an online order and choose the "no contact" option, I have no way of sending you a homemade card as a thank you. I always send a card for each order you place and the card is left blank for you to re-use or keep as a sample. In addition to that, I also started something new this month that is for my online customers. You can read about it HERE.

I have a lovely local customer who is retired and loves to craft with anything and everything. Roberta is quite talented when it comes to crocheting and the card below demonstrates that:


The little doilies that you see on my card front were made by her. She is such a darling that when she hosted a workshop for me last year sometime, she gave everyone that ordered from her workshop a trio of these doilies as a thank you and gave me a package also. I'm finally using them today. I saved them for while and then decided to dig them out and dye them. I took one of Stampin' Up!'s embellishment containers and filled it halfway with water and added drops of Bermuda Bay Ink Refill in the water and soaked my doilies. Cool huh?


I also inked up my Fancy Fan Embossing Folder to create the inked embossing you see on the Whisper White Cardstock layer and then spritzed it with Tangerine Tango that I mixed in a spritzer bottle.


I even stamped on ribbon! The Natural Cotton Ribbon is perfect for stamping. I added Baker's Twine at the very top of the ribbon and finished off my card by adding Rhinestone Jewels to the center of each doily

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
  • Stamp Sets: Four You
  • Inks: Bermuda Bay, Tangerine Tango
  • Accessories: Natural Cotton Ribbon, Baker's Twine, Large Rhinestone Jewels
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Hello Debbie: I love this card you made with the crochet doilies, how clever of you to add color to them, they look beautiful. Crocheting is another craft I enjoy so this is a treat for me. Thank you for sharing and thank your friend Roberta for making this delightful little doilies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like this card plus all the insights on dyeing the materials used . Now I just have to learn to crochet the doilies. Thank you and yes every time I read your post I leave with a little more creativity

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gift and a delightful card made with these pretty doilies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!