January 9, 2014

CCMC285!

Hi Everyone, so glad you joined me again today! We have a new sketch challenge today at Create with Connie & Mary. But before I move on to the challenge and my card, did you know we are getting ready for our brand new "Spring Collection Edition"?



Join now at our Early Bird rate of $24.95 US and save $5 off the regular $29.95 US price.  
Projects that can be completed in about 2 hours...
...perfect for classes and camps!

• FREE Preview Projects January 12 - 18 (see we are all about)!
• Spring Collection 2014 January 19 through February 15
• Features Occasions and SAB Catalog Products
• 18 EXCLUSIVE 3D samples and 24 card ideas
• Step-by-step downloadable PHOTO tutorials
• Only available to subscribers!
• Demonstrators & Customers welcome!

Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2014
Regular $29.95 US, Early Bird Rate only $24.95 US

And now on to our sketch challenge this week:


My Card:


I love, love, love Stampin' Up!'s new "Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die". What an awesome new product. For the sketch, I stamped all the flowers from the new "Petite Petals" stamp set cascading on my "Whisper White Cardstock" base using "Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand & Melon Mambo Ink":

 
I then glued the hexagon hive over the stamped flowers, centered on my card base. I stamped some more flowers on a separate piece of cardstock and cut them out using the new "Petite Petals Punch" and glued them using Stampin' Dimensionals. Here are all the supplies I used:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Early Espresso
  • Inks: Melon Mambo, Sahara Sand, Rich Razzleberry
  • Stamps: Petite Petals, Peachy Keen
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die, Modern Label Punch, Petite Petals Punch, Stampin' Dimesnionals
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. Love how you combined the flowers with the hexagons. Reminds me of flowers on a fence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I love the the thinlit used with the flowers! Great colors, too! Such a happy card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, this is just fabulous! What a great card to feature new products!! And a great use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had not seen a reason to buy this thinlits die until your card. What a beautiful interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you have some of the flowers behind the hive and some in front...lots of dimension! Love what you did here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used this. I bought it and wasn't quite sure what to do with it. lol It looks like nature - with flowers growing in and out of lattice. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card! I love the bold hexagons paired with the flowers, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am only recently (very!) seeing this Thinlits die being used and I am in love with it....along with our fabulous flower set and punch bungle....great card - wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!