December 16, 2013

Joyful Christmas!

It's a little ironic that I'm posting this water-colored card today as I am teaching a Water Color Class tonight so how appropriate! Water-coloring is one of my very favorite techniques. I think that comes from being an art major in college. Just look how pretty the poinsettia looks once it is embossed using Pewter Embossing Powder and then water-coloring the images:


I opted not to use Water-color paper this time only because I was using a small handful of colors to "paint" with.


I also love the look of the sentiment stamped and embossed on Very Vanilla Cardstock. It stands out against the Whisper White Cardstock background:


The ink I used is from the lids of each ink pad and I painted using a Blender Pen:

 
Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, Soft Sky, Very Vanilla
  • Inks: VersaMark, Blushing Bride, Strawberry Slush, Soft Sky, Marina Mist
  • Stamp Sets: Joyful Christmas
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Heat Tool, Pewter Embossing Powder, Blender Pen 
I thought I would leave you today with photo's of our Christmas tree this year. We have a new tree that is sprayed with white snow and it is so elegant. My colors this year are red, green, white and gold:


And I caught Katie-Cat snoozing under the tree before I added the wrapped gifts:


 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. I love your card, I wish I could color like you! Aren't cats funny. Ours was lying under the tree before the tree was assembled! She will be under it until we undecorate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! Last year I had a 2nd tree in my entryway and I couldn't believe all the cat hair I found on the skirting when I took the tree down!

      Delete
  2. Debbie, I have a 19 year old cat named Itchy and he loves to lay under the Christmas tree with all the presents. I think it must be warm under there with the lights on. BTW, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does make sense about the heat from the lights, never thought of that one!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!