Okay, if you've never heard of this technique it's because I had a blog reader (Hi Diana L!) ask me about the "Ombre Effect" and what it refers to. After I explained it to her I promised a sample. Instead of using cardstock I opted to using inks on my card. So what exactly is the "Ombre Effect"?
The "Ombre Effect" can go from light to dark in one color, or from one color to another color, ombre is a trend that I think is showing its popularity lately. You see it in furniture, nail polish, hair and cardstock. Let's take a look at my card below:
If you go from left to right on my inked panel, you will see the following "Ombre" colors (from light to dark): Pool Party, Marina Mist, Island Indigo and Night of Navy. Here's a closer look:
And I colored my flowers using the same ink colors and added Pear Pizzazz for the leaves:
Want to find out how I did this? Here is what you will need:
- (1) Clear Block, I used Stampin' Up! size "F"
- Stampin' Write Markers: Pool Party, Marina Mist, Island Indigo and Night of Navy
- H2O in a spritzer bottle
Using the Stampin' Write Markers, starting from lightest to darker, add color to your clear block by coloring direct to the block with your markers. I made vertical lines and started one color where the other one ended so there isn't going to be any white space in-between my colors:
Spritz the clear block with water:
Stamp on your cardstock layer. I used Whisper White Cardstock:
Allow to dry or use your Heat Tool if you are impatient like I am sometimes. Once my cardstock was dry, I cut it out using the "Oval Accent Die":
I stamped the sentiment using VersaMark Ink and sprinkled White Embossing Powder. Use your heat tool to set the embossing powder. I then used a Sponge Dauber and applied Night of Navy Ink swirled over the sentiment to make it 'pop'.
Stampin' Up! Supplies:
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Night of Navy
- Inks: Pool Party, Marina Mist, Island Indigo and Night of Navy (Ink Pads & Markers)
- Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Trust God
- Tools: Big Shot Machine, Oval Accents Die, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips
- Accessories: Silver Sparkle Dazzling Diamonds
- Misc: Water & Spritzer Bottle