Cyndee hosted the neatest workshop on Saturday. She had a special request for me. That request was to have a "bee" themed workshop. Cyndee loves the whole honeycomb, hexagon and bee idea. I had made a card quite some time ago with hexagons and bees on it and she totally fell in love! Here is the first card I demonstrated for the group:
It's hard to see in the photo but I used Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds on some of the hexagons. If you click on the photo below you may be able to see it a little better:
I embossed using the Honeycomb Embossing Folder first on my Whisper White Cardstock panel and then again on a Daffodil Delight Cardstock piece. I hand-cut the hexagon shapes using my Paper Snips and glued them over the white layer. The Dazzling Diamonds is sprinkled over the Crystal Effects while it is still wet!
- Stamps: A Dozen Thoughts, Postage Collection, Gorgeous Grunge
- Inks: Daffodil Delight, StazOn Jet Black
- Accessories: 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
- Tools: Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Big Shot Machine, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds
- Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Whisper White
For the 2nd card, I used the "Double-Embossing Technique" with 2 different embossing folders. If you've never tried this, I have a tutorial HERE on how to achieve this. Give it a try!
Notice how the honeycomb embossing does not run into the designer frame that is embossed? And I used the Wide Oval Punch to add the oval in the center of my frame, it fits perfectly!
- Stamps: Trust God, Backyard Basics
- Inks: VersaMark, Jet Black StazOn
- Cardstock: Basic Black, So Saffron, Whisper White
- Accessories: Chevron Ribbon, Pearl Jewels
- Tools: Decorative Label Punch, Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Designer Frames Embossing Folder, Big Shot Machine, Stampin' Dimensionals, Heat & Stick Powder, Black Glitter, Heat Tool, Backyard Basics Framelits
The girls all got to create this card to take home with them!
- Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
- Inks: Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight & Soft Sky Stampin' Write Markers
- Tools: Backyard Basics Framelits Dies, Hexagon Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Spritzer
- Accessories: Pearl Jewels
- Stamps: Six-sided Sampler, Backyard Basics