November 30, 2013

A "NOEL" Banner!

I've been making lots of banners as you've probably noticed in my prior posts. Last year after about 20 years of decorating for Christmas with snowman (which I love), I decided I needed to change things up last year and I switched our decor to Santa's. In doing so that changed my color scheme's from blues to green's and red's so the first banner I made did not match! Although it was for a class I had with my girls, I will give it away as a gift to a family member.

This is my new one:


I truly fell in love with the embossing on the Silver Foil sheets of cardstock. It's a "WOW" factor. I tried my best to capture the silver in my photo's:


The colors I used were Cherry Cobbler & Garden Green:


I used the Large Rhinestone Jewels to add some bling:


The snowflakes look great in layers on each side of my banners:


Here is a close-up of the foil sheets after they've been embossed:


And a close-up of the snowflakes:


Banner Supplies:
  • Inks: Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler
  • Accessories: Build A Banner Kit, Large Rhinestone Jewels
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, any Embossing Folder, Festive Flurry Framelits Dies, Window Frames Framelits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Circles Framelits Dies, Sponge Daubers
  • Stamps: Festive Framelits
  • Cardstock: Garden Green, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Silver Foil Sheets

 
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Two questions: 1) How did you attach your snowflakes to the jute twine? Did you create a loop with ribbon or something in the back or just hot glue them directly on? 2) By any chance have you seen the canvas creations sheets from the annual catalog? I'm wondering if they are at all similar to the banners in these kits.
    I actually made a banner and it turned out so well that I'd like to make more. I'm debating buying up a bunch more kits or going with the canvas creations.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chellie, I applied hot glue to the back of the snowflake first so that it was in a straight line and pressed it against the jute. One tip: Glue the snowflake a little further down from the top so it doesn't swing and stays flat-looking when hanging.

      I do have some of the canvas creations, do you think I can find it to compare? I will keep looking and update you here. I've used it for watercoloring/stazon and love it. Seems to me it would be about the same thickness as the banners. I think it would be more economical as I don't know how many banners you could make with one 12" x 12" sheet whereas the banners are $9.95 for 18?

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous design, Debbie! I finally got my Christmas banner packet last week and am going to start playing with it tonite. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun Carol but I need to warn you....they are addicting!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!