This week's challenge is to add a bird to your Christmas themed card:
I loved the inspiration photo so much that I decided to try to replicate it. What do you think?
I used the "Bird Punch" and cut out several pieces to create a Cardinal:
This is what I cut out for the bird:
- Body: cut (2) in Real Red Cardstock and layer
- Top of head feathers: cut (1) wing using Real Red Cardstock
- Wing: cut (1) using Real Red Cardstock and glue using Stampin' Dimensional
- Bird's eye area: cut (1) wing using Basic Black Cardstock, trim to fit, add eye using a white pen
- Beak: cut (1) body using So Saffron Cardstock and trim off beak only and layer
All of my flowers, 24 of them, were cut using the flower punch from the Punch Pack. I bent the petals upwards and added a small Pearl Jewel in the center of each flower:
I hope you enjoyed my card and I also hope to see you create a bird themed card for Merry Monday this week!
- Cardstock: Real Red, So Saffron, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
- Inks: Early Espresso, Old Olive
- Tools: Wide Oval Punch, Decorative Oval Punch, Bird Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers, Punch Pack
- Accessories: Pearl Jewels, 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
- Stamps: Greetings of the Season, Take Care