Did you notice the 3 green colors on the background? From light to dark and I'm going to show you how!
You will need a container, rubbing alcohol and 3 re-inkers. Make sure you pick 3 colors that are from the same family and from lighter to darker. My colors for today's card are: Wild Wasabi, Gumball Green and Garden Green. You will also need a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and a Heat Tool.
Add rubbing alcohol in the bottom of your container and add 4-5 drops of re-inker. Swish it around to blend.
Using your cardstock piece, dip it in about half-way and let soak for a few seconds. I used a Whisper White Cardstock panel cut with the Deco Labels Framelits Dies.
Remove cardstock piece from container and let drip dry for a few seconds and then use your Heat Tool to dry your cardstock.
Step 5 & 6:
Repeat with color #2 and again with color #3, drying each color with your Heat Tool before adding the next color.
EDIT: I had one question about Step 2 & 3 about adding the colors to fresh rubbing alcohol, add the 2nd color to the 1st color. You don't need to start over with fresh rubbing alcohol. The same with color #3, add to existing color 1 & 2.
This is a close-up of my dip dyed cardstock. The lightest color doesn't show up well in the photo but it is there and very noticable:
- Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Calypso Coral, Whisper White
- Inks: Wild Wasabi, Gumball, Garden Green, Calypso Coral
- Stamps: Fabulous Florets, Itty Bitty Banners
- Tools: Big Shot Machine, Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Deco Labels Framelits Dies, Bitty Banners Framelits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen, Heat Tool
- Misc: Rubbing Alcohol, Container