September 16, 2013

Pals Paper Arts 171!

Arent's these colors speaking autumn or Halloween to you at Pals Paper Arts this week?


For me it was a Halloween card:


I've wanted to try to create a pumpkin with our "Ovals Collection Framelits Dies" for quite some time now and these colors were so perfect! I think a black crow would be awesome also!


When folded, my  "Calypso Coral Cardstock" card base measured 5 1/2" x 3 3/4" and I added an oval framelit at one end once the card base was folded to cut through both layers. You need to insert the card base positioned sideways on your Big Shot Clear Plate and only cut the very end, not the whole oval. Once you have the end cut off, crank your Big Shot backwards to push it back out. Repeat on the 2nd side. I then cut 3 more ovals to use for layering. All of my pieces were embossed using the "Woodgrain Embossing Folder" and sponged with "Calypso Coral Ink":


The "Modern Label Punch" was used for the stem of my pumpkin and the "Bird Punch" was used for the branches. Listed below are all the supplies I used for today's card:

  • Cardstock: Calypso Coral, Baked Brown Sugar, Very Vanilla
  • Inks: Baked Brown Sugar
  • Stamps: Halloween Bash
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Ovals Collection Framelits, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Bird Punch, Modern Label Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Ticket Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers
  • Accessories: Jumbo Pearls, Basic Pearl Jewels
 
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

16 comments:

  1. What a perfect pumpkin! So clever! Thank you for playing this week at Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, this is just beautiful! Love how you made the pumpkin. And the leaves and the little bird are just adorable! So glad you joined us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea...I feel a CASE coming on. Love your 'embellishments' and the idea of leaving the bottom flat for standing up. Really lovin this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely awesome, Debbie! So very creative! Great instructions on how to create the pumpkin! Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Cool!!! This is such a great idea! I envy those that come up with "punch art" so easily! I never would have thunk.... Thanks for sharing and for playing along at PPA :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Great instructions. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Debbie. I think I'm going to see if I can CASE this. Hopefully mine will have some resemblance to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you run your whole main pumpkin throught the Big Shot? What's your trick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tara, if you'll notice the front of the pumpkin consists of 3 ovals that are glued overlapped to each other. The embossing is done for each oval and then they are all glued in place. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  9. Oh so the actual card that you round the edges on you don't emboss?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was thinking it was 3 ovals plus the base sticking out on both sides

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make the base first that folded so you cut through 2 layers. Then create the 3 ovals separately, emboss them and glue to your card front. So your actual card base when all the ovals are glued in place is actually 3 layers total. Hope that makes sense!

      Delete
  11. My brain must not be working because I am thinking you cut out your card and round both sides. Then you cut out and emboss 3 ovals. Two of them go behind the center one but it still looks like then you emboss the whole card front because there is another layer behind the two that are behind the front oval. So your saying when you open up the card you don't see embossing on the inside. My woodgrain folder keeps ripping my cs too :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Tara, it was my brain, not yours! I didn't explain myself correctly above. You do emboss the card base first. Unfold it and emboss only one half of it, then glue the 3 ovals. So sorry I messed up on my explanation! You are correct in assuming that the back of the card is flat and not embossed!

      Delete
  12. okay so the front base did you emboss twice since to fit the whole front in the embossing folder your woodgrain would be going the wrong way(sideways instead of up and down). Sorry to be a pain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!