September 25, 2013

Merry Monday #76!

I had a very stressful day at work today and what do I do when I'm stressed.....I stamp! I wanted to join in on the Merry Monday Challenge this week which is to create a card with a snowman on it:


Would you believe that I do not own a current Stampin' Up! stamp set that has a snowman in it! I can not believe that either. So back to the drawing board and I came up with a "Punch Art" snowman:


And he is sitting inside of my snow globe:


I used a "Sweet Treat Cup" and filled it with some white beads. Shake, shake, shake!


The bottom of my sentiment was glued in place using "Washi Tape" shown above and I added some bling by adding "Pearl Jewels" in the center of my snowflakes:


I hope you enjoyed my punch art snowman tonight. Make sure you visit the girls at Merry Monday to see what type of snowman they came up with!

Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Snowflake Soiree, Greetings of the Season
  • Cardstock: Marina Mist, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Vellum
  • Inks: Basic Gray
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels, Candy Dots, Silver 1/8" Ribbon
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Circles Collection Framelits Dies, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Modern Label Punch, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Washi Tape, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sweet Treat Cups, Mini Glue Dots
  • DSP: Winter Frost
  • Misc: Beads
 
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

40 comments:

  1. I really like your card! I like the fact that you made it into a snow globe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I have an abundance of the cups and thought this was a great way to use them!

      Delete
  2. This is simply awesome, Debbie. Love your punch art and the fact that you put him in a snowglobe is absolutely amazing! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley, I had a hard time trying to figure out what to use being snowmanless this year!

      Delete
  3. Oh my golly-How clever is your snowglobe and happy snowman! Great idea :)
    Thank you for stopping by my little Blog-and for taking the time to leave a comment,I appreciate it :)
    Have a lovely day,
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Nessa and thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  4. Your punch art snowman is adorable and I love how you made him into a shaker card...too, too cute! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Debbie! It's been awhile since I left a comment...(ongoing computer issues make it so frustrating). Anyway, I absolutely love this snow globe idea. It is soooooo adorable. (Love your new hair style!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you visit Brenda and thanks for the compliments!

      Delete
  6. I love your snowman. Was going to do a punch art too but a little afraid of how it would turn out. Thanks for showing me how beautiful and fun it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you did not need a snowman …you came up with an adorable one all on your own. Love this sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to figure out what to use, thanks so much!

      Delete
  8. I love your punch art snowman in the snow globe! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your snowman snow globe, Debbie! I don't think SU has a snowman currently. They need to remedy that! You still came up with a fantastic snowman! Thanks so much for sharing him with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Bonnie, missed the snowmen this year!

      Delete
  10. So adorable Debbie. Great idea with the snow globe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! What a cute little snowman, especially with the little snow globe! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at the Merry Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an adorable snow globe card :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Debbie, I love these papers and colours and the pearls add the perfect touch. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nina, it was my pleasure to join you!

      Delete
  14. Super cute card, Debbie! Love the snowman inside the snow globe! Cute idea! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clever girl! Nothings cuter than a snow globe! Except, a snowglobe with a snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very creative Debbie, love your take on the challenge at Merry Monday, thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your win at Merry Monday, Debbie. Let me know if you want to be our Guest Designer next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to be your guest, thanks so much!

      Delete
  18. Your card is soooooo cute! Congrats on your Merry Monday win!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!