September 19, 2013

CCMC269!

I really love the card I am showing you today. First off, let's start off by showing you our new sketch challenge for this week at Create with Connie & Mary:

 
Notice how the main panel of the card is skinnier that the layered panel on the front? How neat is that?

I made my panel 3 3/4" x 11" and scored in the center at 5 1/2" and folded using "Bermuda Bay Cardstock". The second layer is "Coastal Cabana" cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" and the last piece is Whisper White Cardstock cut at 4" x 4" and embossing with the "Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder":

 
I added two leaves from the "Magnificent Maple" solo stamp that were stamped twice without re-inking using "Strawberry Slush Ink" and hand-cut. The sentiment was stamped on "7/8" Cotton Ribbon and I hand-cut the rounded end. 
Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay
  • Inks: Strawberry Slush
  • Stamps: Express Yourself, Magnificent Maple
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: 7/8" Cotton Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels
  • DSP: Eastern Elegance
Visit the girls at Create with Connie & Mary. We always have awesome projects to give you inspiration!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors! I love the leaves and the way you stamped them! Great job on rounding the ribbon! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful color combo Debbie, love the stripes in white and the use of the S.S. for the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Debbie....love the two leaves in the beautiful Strawberry Slush and the perfect dots of bling. That new EF really makes such a pretty background. Speaking of backgrounds, I love what you did...feel a CASE coming on. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The EF really does stand out doesn't it Carol? Unusual colors to use for fall but love the combo. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. This little leaf is one that I had not purchased yet...it's on my list now because of al the cards people are making with it for Create! Love all the texture and details on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever color combo! I love that you used Strawberry Slush for the leaf, would have never tried it but I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!