I used 3 different ink colors on my image. How did I do that? This is very easily done using "Sponge Daubers". I inked my first sponge using "Soft Suede Ink" and dabbed the ink at the very top of my stamp image. Re-ink your sponge as needed. I then swapped my sponge out for the 2nd color which was "Tangerine Tango Ink" and sponged the center of my stamp image. The 3rd and last color used was "Old Olive Ink". Once all three ink colors were dabbed on, I then stamped my image on "Whisper White Cardstock" and cut the heart shape using the "Hearts Collection Framelits Dies". I sponged the edges of my heart with "Soft Suede Ink":
You can see by the close-up of the heart how one color blends into the other color and almost creates 5 different shades of color. With the remaining cardstock piece that was stamped, I used it for two more layers. First I cut out a small heart shape with the "Small Heart Punch" and sponged the edges. I glued it on using "Stampin' Dimensionals". I stamped the sentiment from the "Really Good Greetings" stamp set and cut that out using the "Curly Label Punch" and again, sponged the edges.
- Stamps: World Map, Really Good Greetings, Gorgeous Grunge
- Cardstock: Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
- Inks: Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive
- Accessories: Taffeta Ribbon
- Tools: Big Shot Machine, Hearts Collection Framelits Dies, Curly Label Punch, Small Heart Punch, Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Color Spritzer, Sponge Daubers
Other News: Today Melissa Davies & Elizabeth Price both have Preview projects and blog candy to win a Free subscription to the upcoming Fall Collections of Create with Connie & Mary. Make sure you leave a comment on their blogs for a chance to win!