- World Map, Clear Mount, Item #130345 $13.95
- World Map, Wood Mount, Item #130342 $17.95
Now let's read about my technique for today. I am going to show you how I created the multi-colored ink background on my card. First you will need a piece of Whisper White Cardstock measuring 3 3/4" x 5". You will also need 3 ink colors. I used Crushed Curry, Pool Party and Marina Mist. Using one color at a time, turn your ink pad upside-down and swipe your ink pad right onto the cardstock in different areas. Repeat with all 3 colors:
I overlapped some of the colors which in turn creates more colors.
The next step is to use VersaMark Ink, ink up your large background stamp and stamp over the cardstock. Sprinkle with Black Embossing Powder and heat set with your Heat Tool:
You can see how shiny the embossing shows on the inked cardstock below. Glue your stamped cardstock layer to the front of your card base which is Basic Black Cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 11". Scored in the center at 5 1/2" and fold:
I used the Finishing Touches Edgelits to cut (2) strips of cardstock. One in Basic Black and the other in Coastal Cabana. I layered them together and glued them to my card front about 1 1/2" from the bottom. I then added Sticky Strip above my two cardstock layers and glued a piece of Crushed Curry 3/4" Chevron Ribbon in place:
The sentiment is glued in place with Stampin' Dimensionals! Hope you enjoyed my first card with the World Map Stamp as I have more coming!
- Cardstock: Basic Black, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White
- Inks: VersaMark, Crushed Curry, Pool Party, Marina Mist
- Tools: Sticky Strip, Wide Oval Punch, Big Shot Machine, Finishing Touches Edgelits, Stampin' Dimensionals
- Accessories: Crushed Curry 3/4" Chevron Ribbon
- Stamps: World Map, Chalk Talk