August 28, 2013

Merry Monday #72!

I had a Stampin' Up! workshop last night at Katie's and demo'd a Christmas card as one of my projects. Well, that Christmas card got me into the holiday mood even though we still have 4 months to go. I peeked over at "Merry Monday" to see what the sketch was for this week and decided to play along.

Here is the sketch:


And this is my card:


I decided to use the new "Circle Card Thinlits Die" to create my card. Once the cardstock is cut, the card becomes a "flip" card. You'll see more photo's below to see what I mean. Below is the front part of the circle that flips:


And once you open the card, the circle flips over to reveal the 2nd side of the circle:


This is the card once it is open so you can view all the panels:


And the panels from the other angle:


These cards are quite easy to complete. I decided to keep my sentiment on the inside so that the receiver gets to peek to see what is on the other side. I colored my Rhinestone Jewels with a red Permanent marker for the ornament and Rudolf's nose!


Card supplies:
  • Stamps: Festive Flurry, Very Merry Tags, Ornament Keepsakes
  • Inks: Gumball Green, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler
  • DSP: Season of Style
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Circle Card Thinlits Die, Festive Flurry Framelits Dies, 3/4" Circle Punch, Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, 1 3/4" Circle Punch
  • Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
  • Misc: Red Permanent Marker
Thanks for visiting! Make sure you visit Merry Monday to see some beautiful creations!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Debbie! LOVE this so much! The swinging circle is VERY cool and I am excited to say, I just bought this die myself!~ So happy you played along with Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Debbie. Love the swing. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....awesome card! I love it and I totally love that the swing part is at the 'bottom' of the card. Like out-of-the-box thinking! The norm has been the swing at the top. Awesome job! I pick you to win!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so good to see you again, Debbie! I was leaning toward the Circle Thinlits and I think this gives me the final shove! I'll bet the ladies at the workshop loved this. I do! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Debbie, I love how you created a flip card for this sketch. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card, Debbie! Love how you used the new Thinlits die for this sketch! How very clever! Works perfectly! Hope you are doing well! So glad you decided to join us for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautifully designed card. The red bow is a perfect finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!