July 14, 2013

Spotlight Sunday!

Happy Sunday Stampers and today we have another "Spotlight Sunday"! Today's card was created by one of my downline Ellen C. Take a peek and you will notice the braiding on the card fold and how exquisite it is. Ellen sent me this card as a thank you and I fell in love with the edging. She noted in the card that the technique came from Brandy Cox that includes a video tutorial and template: Brandy's Cards


If you look closely at the photo below, Ellen added Crystal Effects to her fussy-cut flowers. You can see the glossy look even better if you click on the photo. What a nice effect this added to the flowers from the "Pleasant Poppies Stamp":


And here is a close-up of the braided technique. I am definitely going to have to try this technique. It intrigues me!


Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White
  • Inks: Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango
  • Stamps: Pleasant Poppies
  • Tools: Crystal Effects, Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals
Ellen has re-created a clean copy of the pattern to use with instructions on it for you. I have it loaded in Google Docs here (you may have to have a Google account to access): Braiding Pattern

She also has the directions as to how she created the popped-up stamens. It's hard to see in the photo's but the stamens are bumpy and look 3Dish. Here is how she describes how she accomplished that: "I realized that I made the stamens of the poppies shiney and raised by taking a drop of crystal effects and mixing it with a drop of black ink (classic ink not staz-on).  Then I used a pin dipped in the colored goo and dropped tiny dabs on the stamens and let them dry".

Thanks Ellen, your card technique is on my to-do list!
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. oh I absolutely love this card. I've got the 'tool' to do the back and haven't figured out what to do with it. I now know. I love the Crystal Effects on the flower too..... All in all, this is just sensational. Thx for sharing.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck Cookie and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret, always love hearing from you!

      Delete
  3. Love this...actually I made about 10 of this style for swapping at Convention....it is soooo easy to do...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a blast at convention Carol, I hope to go next year!

      Delete
  4. thank a LOT for the template for det nice braidig - will try it out soonest
    hi from Lilian Denmark

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!