July 11, 2013

CCMC260!

Good morning everyone! First I want to start off by telling all of the Stampin' Up! demonstrators attending convention this year.....have fun! Our challenge for this week for the Create with Connie & Mary Color Challenge is actually going to last 2 weeks due to Connie & Mary both being away for convention.

And something exciting about this week is that you get to pick either a color challenge, a sketch challenge or you can combine both. How exciting!

These are the colors for this week:


And this is the sketch:


For my card, I combined both challenges into one. Don't these colors look awesome together? I just love this combo. And what I did is flipped the sketch into a mirror image:


First I cut the card shape by using the "Squares Collection Framelits Dies". I used the largest square which happens to be a scallop square. I cut (2) pieces using the "Crisp Cantaloupe Cardstock. On one piece I scored a line across one side only about 1/2" down from the edge. I used a "Bone Folder" to fold on the score line. Using "Tombow Multipurpose Glue", I glued the top 1/2" to the 2nd piece by lining up the scallops. This creates a bendable backside for your card so it remains standing once opened.

I used the "Alphabet Press Embossing Folder" for the background and sponged "Crisp Cantaloupe Ink" over the embossing using my "Brayer". I applied very light pressure so that the ink is only here and there on the embossing.

For the flower, I stamped the image from the "Happy Day" stamp set using "Calypso Coral Ink" on "Calypso Coral Cardstock" and cut the shape using the "1 3/4" Circle Punch" and then cut an additional unstamped circle:


I stamped the same image again using "Pistachio Pudding Ink" on "Pistachio Pudding Cardstock" and cut the center out using the "7/8" Scallop Circle Punch". The 2 large circle are glued together with "Stampin' Dimensionals" and I stacked the scallop circle on the top and added a "Candy Dot Brad Base" filled with a "Candy Dot". Scrunch up the scallop circle a little to give it some height.

Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Pistachio Pudding, Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White
  • Inks: Pistachio PUdding, Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe
  •  DSP: In Color Paper Stack, Venetian Romance
  • Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Happy Day
  • Tools: Word Window Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 7/8 Scallop Circle Punch, Big Shot Machine, Itty Bitty Banners, Squares Collection Framelits, Alphabet Press Embossing Folder, Brayer, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber
  • Accessories: Candy Dot Brad Base, Candy Dots

Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. Love it...for some reason it reminds me of a pretty picture frame! That background embossing folder is SO fun, too! Great job with the Create with Connie and Mary two-fer challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and very creative card! I just love how you used the stamps and punches to create your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was playing with the same stamp and some punches yesterday for one of my swap cards. Love how yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! So many creative elements!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty shabby chic card, Debbie! Love the new embossing folder! This card has such a great vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my! I really love all the little details - the layers, the sponging and texture! Fantastic shabby-chic card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of details make this card great. I just love the background! The way you sponged the embossed card stock.....just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the elements you've used and all the details.. so much to see! Love the alphabet folder and how you've distressed it. Fab card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!