July 4, 2013

CCMC259!

Happy 4th of July and Happy Anniversary to my Mom & Dad! Today they celebrate an astounding 53 years together! 4 children, 13 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren, wow! Some of you may think...married on the 4th of July? My parents are both from Canada and it wasn't the 4th of July for them when they married in Canada. Of course Canada celebrates independence day on July 1st. My parents moved to the USA shortly after they were married as my dad worked as a mechanic across the border and all four of us kids were born in the US. We were always so lucky to frequent Canada as all of our relatives live there and the border crossing was only about 15 minutes away.

We have an awesome sketch challenge for you today at Create with Connie & Mary. Loving all the little elements:


And this is my card:


Basic Gray is seeing so much more use from me lately so I was glad when Smoky Slate made it's debut. Doesn't it look gorgeous paired up with Coastal Cabana?


I stamped the flower from "Flower Shop" three times and used my "Pansy Punch" to cut them out. All three flowers are layers using "Stampin' Dimensionals" to give it a 3D look. Instead of using a layer with the half-circle on the sketch, I used my "Paper Piercer" and the "Essentials Paper Piercing Pack" to add a few half-circles to my background layer. And I just love our new "Gingham Wheel Stamp". Of course I unmounted it from the wheel to create a stamp with it. Click HERE if you would like to view my tutorial on how to mount wheel stamps on "Clear Mount Cling Foam".

Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Smoky Slate, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White
  • Inks: Smoky Slate, Coastal Cabana, Tangerine Tango
  • Stamps: Flower Shop, Gingham Wheel, Express Yourself
  • Tools: Pansy Punch, Modern Label Punch, Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies, Big Shot Machine, Paper Piercer, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: Candy Dots, Candy Dots Brad Bases
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

15 comments:

  1. This is so soft and beautiful, Debbie! The piercing is the perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, thanks so much for the comment and for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Have I told you lately how clever I think you are?? You come up with the BEST creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Cathy, thanks! Can't wait to see you again in August!

      Delete
  3. Creatively delightful in every way. Colors work together beautifully. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I love this! Into my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously cute card, Debbie! The way you layered the flower with dimensionals is a great idea! Always a sucker for gingham - I LOVE the border!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, so pretty....yes, the new gray goes well with the Basic Gray....and love the flowers...still finding a few hard to punch even with dots on the stamps to help me...oh well, one day I'll figure it out! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about your card Debbie! I am really into the grays right now, just love how you paired it with a flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous!! Love your layered flower and how you layered the edgelits pieces! Genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fabulous, clean design! Love the layered flowers and the paper piercing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the double Edgelit scallop... what an elegant touch! And your color scheme is so soft and appealing.. love how these colors go together! I'm so happy to have this new grey also! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The gingham looks like a table with a cloth of the layered edgelits - clean and simple and dainty!Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO gorgeous...love the double flower and the double edge! Wonderful card! Great job with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!