June 7, 2013

Washi Tape Card for Free Friday!

A few days ago I posted about a new product called Washi Tape that is in the new 2013-2014 Stampin' Up! catalog. Well here is a card for you using this new product. What I really like when using this product is that it becomes re-positional:


I added my strips one at a time and overlapped the corners. Where the corners over-lapped, I used an Exacto Knife to gently cut a diagonal slit through both layers. I then removed the left-over piece on the top, then lifted the top cut piece with my Exacto Knife and peeled off the unwanted cut portion on the 2nd piece. Lay both pieces flat again and you now have a perfectly cut corner.

Now on to the ends. I again lifted the Washi Tape end to cut it into a banner and then laid it flat once it was cut.


The flowers are from the new stamp set Morning Meadow and guess what, we have a new coordinating punch to cut out the flowers....the Pansy Punch! How neat is that? I finished off the card by adding some bling. I used Rhinestone Jewels on both flowers and on each end of my Washi strips.

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Strawberry Slush, Island Indigo, Whisper White
  • Inks: Island Indigo
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels
  • Tools: Pansy Punch, Washi Tape, Stampin' Dimensionals, Exacto Knife, Paper Snips
  • Stamps: Morning Meadow
Have you signed up for the 2013 Summer Collection of Create with Connie & Mary yet?
 
You will have access to MORE card sets and projects that can be completed in about 2 hours...perfect for classes and camps!
  • FREE Preview Projects June 17 - 22 (see what we are all about)! 
  • Summer Collection runs June 23 through July 20 
  • Features NEW 2013-14 Catalog Products
  • 24 EXCLUSIVE samples 
  • Step-by-step downloadable PHOTO tutorials 
  • Only available to subscribers! 
  • Demonstrators & Customers welcome! 
Visit Create with Connie & Mary to purchase Early Bird Pricing of $19.95 today to save $5.00 on the subscription!

 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. very pretty card Debbie! Love the washi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was skeptical when I first purchased it but now that I've played with it a little, I think I'm hooked!

      Delete
  2. Pretty card and pretty colours. Love the new stuff you've been using...can't wait for the new catalogue to come out here!!
    Off to Ireland for a week :) Catch up soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. Hope you are having a good time!

      Delete
  3. I honestly have not been excited about the Washi tape..even though I used some at a fairly recent shoe box swap....but now that I've seen your card, I'm more excited...and this set specifically...just may add to my want list... Thanks Debbie!!! Hope you are staying safe with the storms heading north...ugly messes it has left behind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! And yes we are safe, it has been raining a lot here in the past 3 or 4 weeks. So ready for some sunshine!

      Delete
  4. Love how you used the washi tape on your beautiful card! Makes a terrific border!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret! Many possibilities with this stuff!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!