First, take a peek at the background on my card. Isn't it rather interesting?
I made this myself with a technique called "Ink Blowing". Do you want to see how I completed this? Yes? Okay, I will show you. First start out with multiple colors of re-inker, a drinking straw and a piece of cardstock (I used Water Color Paper):
For inks I used Coastal Cabana, Cajun Craze, and Strawberry Slush. My first step was to add about 3 drops of Cajun Craze Re-inker and then quickly taking your straw, blow through it to push air towards your drops of ink to make them 'move':
I then added two more colors, one at a time:
I decided the colors were quite bold and needed one more softer color so I added Crisp Cantaloupe:
Keep blowing until most of the drops are dispersed. Now let the cardstock dry. You can use your heat tool if you are a little on the impatient side!
Complete your card as you like:
Pretty neat huh? Here is the listing of what I used on my card:
Stampin' Up! Supplies:
- Cardstock: Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe,Water Color Paper
- Inks: Coastal Cabana, Crips Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush, Cajun Craze
- Stamps: Everything Eleanor, A Round Aray
- Tools: Big Shot Machine, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals
- Accessories: Baker's Twine
- Misc: Straw
You will have access to MORE card sets and projects that can be completed in about 2 hours...perfect for classes and camps!
- FREE Preview Projects June 17 - 22 (see what we are all about)!
- Summer Collection runs June 23 through July 20
- Features NEW 2013-14 Catalog Products
- 24 EXCLUSIVE samples
- Step-by-step downloadable PHOTO tutorials
- Only available to subscribers!
- Demonstrators & Customers welcome!