June 9, 2013

Father's Day Shirt & Tie!

Father's Day is just around the corner and I have a "handsome" masculine card to show you today. The necktie is actually an origami necktie and I found the tutorial here: Paper Craft Planet

EDITED: THE LINK ABOVE NO LONGER WORKS BUT I LOCATED A PATTERN HERE: 

BAREFOOT STAMPER TIE PATTERN

Although I used a "Happy Birthday" sentiment, this card can be used for various masculine celebrations by changing up the sentiment:


The card base is Island Indigo Cardstock cut at 11" x 4 1/4", scored in the center and folded.

My 2nd layer (differs from video) is Crumb Cake Cardstock cut 4" x 5 1/4". At the very top, score and fold-over your cardstock 3/4" from the top. Unfold and using scissors, cut a slit 1 1/8" long on each end. The center where you cut the strip stays intact. Fold over both ends at an angle to form the collar until both ends touch each other at the top.  Press in place with your Bone Folder. Glue and slide the necktie in place under the collar and glue the collar in place by using Stampin' Dimensionals:


I added Mini Brads to the collar and the star on my necktie before I glued everything in place. Hope you give this a try!

Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake
  • DSP: Retired
  • Inks:Crumb Cake
  • Tools: Star Punch (retired)
  • Accessories: Mini Brads
  • Stamps: Bring On The Cake
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Janet! I used this card for my Dad's birthday last week!

      Delete
  2. Great card. I think I'll give this a try for hubby's father day card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll find this quite easy Patti. It's fun to see the tie come together with one piece of paper like that! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Hey. That card is so cool. A coworker of mine was about to attend to a birthday party and she said she wanted me to make a handmade card. So I decided to use that idea. I hope you don't mind. If you are interested, I'll post the picture on my site later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it and you were able to create one yourself! Thanks!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!