May 19, 2013

Super Sunday!

Happy Sunday morning to you! For today's card, I challenged myself to one layer only. Do you know how challenging this can be? I started out with a Whisper White Cardstock base and folded in half:


Next I took some Post-It Notes and added them 1/2" from the top. I added another row of notes slightly below center to create a 2 1/4" wide window to work in. My final step was to add a 1" Circle Punch shape for the sun, gluing it in place with temporary adhesive. Now I was ready to sponge on some ink!

I tore a scrap piece of paper to use as my horizon line between the two colors. I first sponged the hills using Wild Wasabi Ink and a Sponge Dauber. I removed my torn paper stencil and used the opposite piece to cover the freshly inked hills. I then added Bashful Blue Ink for the sky. Once the sponging was completed, I removed the torn paper stencil and also removed the 1" Circle Punch shape.

Now I stamped! I decided I wanted my StazOn Jet Black Ink to show about 1/2" below the Wild Wasbi Ink so I repurposed the same Post-It Notes and moved them to create a line 1/2" below the Wild Wasbi Ink. I stamped some of the images from the stamp set Summer Silhouette. Once that was completed I removed the Post-It Notes and stamped my sentiment in place.

Complete the card by adding a few Pearl Jewels and that's it for one-layer clean & simple card!

Stampin' Up! supplies:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White
  • Inks: Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, Jet Black StazOn
  • Stamps: Curly Cute, Summer Silhouettes
  • Tools: Sponge Daubers, 1" Circle Punch
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels
  • Misc: Scrap Paper
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bronwyn! Nice to see you visiting. Hoping things have slowed down for you!

      Delete
  2. You did an awesome job creating a pretty scene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet, can't believe how much traffic I've had for a single layer card!

      Delete
  3. Love this, Debbie! So outside the box. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I actually struggle when it comes to simple or single layer cards!

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely card. Great job on the one layer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti, so glad to hear from you!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, Debbie! I love the sponging...and of course, the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, that is one think we both agree on, pearls rock!

      Delete
  6. Super Sunday, super card! Deb this looks like a painting.

    Ter ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought of it as a painting Ter, thanks for the compliment!

      Delete
  7. Super, super, lovely card.
    I,m follow you, nice you follow my.
    Bye-bye, Bennarda (Ballie)

    http://balliescreationballie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful project featuring, Summer Silhouettes. I love it so much that I have linked your post to our challenge site this week - http://stilladdinktive.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/spot-that-stamp-set-summer-silhouettes.html CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This such a beautiful one-layer card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This such a beautiful one-layer card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!