May 29, 2013

My Paper Pumpkin for May!

My Paper Pumpkin is once again here for this month. And look, finally in a little red box! Stampin' Up! had promoted these kits before the program started at one of their events and the boxes were kraft in color. They had to exhaust the kraft color box supply that were left-over and we are now back on track with the little red box as promised:


Once again the red box arrived at my doorstep without me lifting a finger. How? Once you sign up, each month a package arrives at your door. That easy. And it's a surprise each month. Look what I found in my box this month:


A kit to create a mini scrapbook or brag book! How cute is that. The kit contains chipboard for the front and back, 5 designer pages to use for the inside of the book, 6 designer papers to use to decorate with, 6 pages of stickers, embellishments, 2 stamps, a small ink pad and 2 rings for attaching your pages together.

Here's a close-up of the supplies:

The chipboard and designer pages:


The sticker pages:


The designer papers:


Stamps, ink, embellishments and rings:


And here is how I started my brag book. This is the cover (with Kaitlynn photo's of course!):


I covered the chipboard for the front cover using one of the designer pages and added everything else from the kit. Now, when I meet with my girls for our MPP night, we use only what is in the kits.  The only thing I added to my brag book was the ribbons from my stash on the rings which I tied in double-knots.

Page 1:


Page 2:


Page 3:


Page 4:


Page 5:



Page 6:
 
Now if you've been following my monthly My Paper Pumpkin posts, you know that I try to show the girls how to stttrrreetttccchh their kits. Well, I did not disappoint again this month. When I first opened my box and first removed the MPP sticker from the cute tissue paper that protects everthing...low and behold was the contents of the kit, all packaged together as one, wrapped in clear packaging. When I opened up the packaging and removed the direction sheet, what do you think I found? Both sides of the kit were protected using really thick cardboard. Hmmm, cardboard that I could cut and use for a 2nd brag book! Yes!

I took one of the chipboards and traced the size on the cardboard and marked the holes and cut. I then used a hand-held punch to create the same exact holes:
 
 
Before I used the designer paper for my first book, I cut the six papers the same size as the chipboard and used the left-over strips to decorate the inside of my book. Now I know there are only 2 rings in the kit so I am going to tie this one together using ribbon. And there are enough sticker sheets as you get 2 of each of 3 and there's plenty of designer paper and embellishments to share. How cool is that?
 

 


If you are local and would like to join my free night of crafting, go to My Paper Pumpkin to sign up now and if you are not local, you can sign up for the subscription and wait to see a post on my blog with ideas each month!  Make sure you list me as your demo when you subscribe.


Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the 411 on the boxes. I was beginning to think that the acclaimed red boxes were only for certain demographics.
    And thank you big time for the tip on stretching the supplies. The idea of making a book for each of my two girls is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know huh Chellie! My customers too were complaining that their boxes weren't red. Have fun with the kit this month!

      Delete
  2. Cleaver....glad I did not open mine yet....I will do this and make two!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are plenty of supplies to make 2 of them. Hope you enjoy this month's kit!

      Delete
  3. Personally I am not into the PP but want to say that I agree that this is one of the best sets yet...and really like what you did with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we are having so much fun with these kits, my girls and I! We stretch everything we find in our kits. To have them in person is so much more of an "Awww" when you open your little red box. Thanks for your comment Carol!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!