May 3, 2013

Free Friday-Trudy's Workshop!

We gathered in my home last Monday for Trudy's Workshop. Even though we had a small group, we had fun stamping. I am trying to use up some of my cardstock that will be retiring soon. The first card I demo'd uses two of those colors: Not Quite Navy and Regal Rose. I created these cards a few weeks ago and Not Quite Navy is now completely out of stock.

Card #1:


I stamped the flower image from "Blooming with Kindness" and each time I inked my stamp, I stamped the image twice without reinking, thus causing the lighter color flower in the background:


Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Regal Rose, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
  • Inks: Regal Rose, Not Quite Navy
  • Accessories: In Color Dahlias
  • Stamp Set: Blooming with Kindness
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Labels Collection Framelits, Mini Glue Dots

Card #2:


I decided to complete another "Stepped Up" version of a simple card. The card above was created as a note card with no sentiment. As you can see I stamped a background by inking and stamping a Clear Block and then stamped the bird image and added a strip of Always Artichoke Seam Binding Ribbon. The card base color is River Rock Cardstock which is also retiring soon.

The stepped up version uses more products and takes a little more time to complete but what a difference our tools prove to be on this card:


I used the En Francais background stamp first, then stamped two with the inked up clear block and continued to add images with the Nature Walk stamp set:


The Always Artichoke Cardstock layer uses the Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies and the Adorning Accents Embossing Folder and the Whisper White Cardstock using the edgelits only. I added a few flowers from the Punch Pack and added Rhinestone Jewels to each center and completed the card with a bow!


And finally, for the last card of the night, the girls all made this card to take home with them:


This is called a "Z" fold card. The card measured 4 1/4" x 11", score in the center at 5.5" and using one of the panels, score in half again at 2 3/4" and fold to resemble a "Z". So sad to tell you that every single color in this card is going to disappear except for the Whisper White. Those colors are Baja Breeze, River Rock and Bravo Burgundy:


I stamped the image twice and cut the peacock's body and glued over the first image using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: World Treasures
  • Inks: Bravo Burgundy, Baja Breeze
  • Cardstock: Bravo Burgundy, Baja Breeze, River Rock, Whisper White
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Window Frames Framelits Dies, Curly Label Punch, Hearts A Flutter Framelits Dies, Hexagon Textured Impressions Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Paper Snips
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. Great techniques! I bet the ladies at that workshop were blown away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all beautiful. I love what you did with Nature Walk and that peacock is just splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Debbie! I am ready to fly out to one of your workshops! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never cease to inspire me and to remind me to dig out those other sets that I loved and didn't use enough.....Thank you Debbie!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all wonderful! I love the simple and stepped up cards! Both are beautiful in their own way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!