May 23, 2013

CCMC253!

Good morning stampers and Create with Connie & Mary followers! We have a unique sketch challenge for you today. Isn't this just the cutest?


My card:


I wanted to use a stamp set I haven't used since it first debuted. If I can recall, we as demo's were allowed to purchase this stamp set before the new catalog from last year was out. This stamp set is called "Bright Blossoms" and the coordinating DSP is called "Summer Smoochies". I used "More Mustard Cardstock" as my card base as this color is retiring in only one short week. I embossed it using the "Woodgrain Embossing Folder" and my "Big Shot Machine".

If you take a peek at the photo below you will notice a little bit of stenciling. I used the "Delicate Details Lace Tape" and used it as a stencil. The tape has adhesive on the back but is very easily peeled away. Do you like the stencil effect?


A close-up of the tag. I hand-cut the "More Mustard Inked" flowers and the "Island Indigo Inked" vase and glued them in place with "Stampin' Dimensionals". I completed the card with a few Rhinestone Jewels:


Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: More Mustard, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade
  • Inks: Island Indigo, More Mustard, Lucky Limeade
  • Stamps: From My Heart, Bright Blossoms
  • DSP: Summer Smoochies
  • Tools: Two Tags Die, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Delicate Details Lace Tape, Sponge Daubers, Stampin' Dimensionals, Big Shot Machine, Woodgrain Embossing Folder
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels, Linen Thread, Lucky Limeade 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

20 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use the two tags die! Love the stencil effect! Another great way to use that product!! And another great idea for this stamp set! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will miss this die so much. Thanks Deb!

      Delete
  2. I do love the stencilling...a very pretty touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the same way with that stamp set! Sadly, it is neglected in my stamp room, too! Really likin' the layers and the stenciling adds a great touch to the tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa, I've been trying to use stamps that have been sitting. We seem to get so involved in the Mini Catalogs don't we?

      Delete
  4. The stencil work is very nice! A nice light airy detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to use the two tags die; I will miss it! Love the fussy-cut tulips and vase with the stencilled "lace" runner underneath.. such a clean but sweet look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Margaret, no way I'm getting rid of it either. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous card, Debbie. You really went all out and combined so many wonderful products on your card. And I had to do a double take on the stenciled lace border!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, wasn't sure about this card when I made it but have received lots of emails on it! Wasn't sure about the color I used for the card base!

      Delete
  7. Love it! I really love how you did the lace border.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! I love everything about this card! The stenciled lace border is a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole and enjoying your cards also!

      Delete
  9. I just wanted to pop in and tell you how fabulous your card is! I love all of the little details - cut out flowers, stenciling, embossing and pearls. It's awesome! I hope you have a wonderful day.

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry. So nice to see you on here. Wish I had time to blog surf. I've been in overdrive lately and don't have the time I used to!

      Delete
  10. Lovely card! So much detail...the sponging, the cut-out flowers, the rhinestones... such beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!