April 23, 2013

The Belleek Technique for Tuesday Tips or Techniques!

Good morning blog readers! I have a sweet new technique, new for me today! Have you heard of the "Belleek Technique"? The Belleek Technique is a subdued, porcelain-look for your background. the background is reminiscent of porcelain or bisque pottery/china. When completing this technique you are limited to soft, light, neutral colors. Let's take a look:


I used the Elegant Bouquet Textured Embossing Folder for this technique. I inked up my Brayer with Crumb Cake Ink and inked up the inside of the folder that would be considered the negative space. In other words, the side without the bumps for the flowers. Add Whisper White Cardstock inside and run the folder through your Big Shot Machine and voila!


I love that we have coordinating punches. I first stamped the image from A Round Array Stamp Set and cut it out with the 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch. This is the punch we were able to earn for free during Sale-A-Bration and it is now available for purchase...yahoo! I layered that over Crumb Cake Cardstock cut with the 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch and layered a 3rd time over a Whisper White Cardstock layer cut with the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch. Each layer is glued with a Stampin' Dimensional!


Here is a close-up of the Belleek Technique. Let me know what you think okay? It's fairly easy to complete and ends up being a "WOW" card!

Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
  • Stamp Set:  A Round Array
  • Inks: Crumb Cake
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions Folder, Brayer, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: Taffeta Ribbon, Delicate Details Lace Tape
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

9 comments:

  1. My eyes widened. My jaw dropped and my mouth opened but no sound came out. My brain fizzled, searching for a word but all I could get out was, "Ohhhhh!" Yup, you could say I liked it. That's a 'wow' for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you should see this in person Chellie! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Lovely, Debbie. I wonder if I try with Bashful Blue (before it retires, that is), if it would look like Wedgewood! I'd better give it a try real soon, I guess. ;-( TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! I think it probably would like great in BB if you start out rolling your brayer very lightly. Have fun with it!

      Delete
  3. What a beauty!Love this new technique, to me it's new. I never heard of it. You did and awesome Job. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your title caught my eye as I'm the proud owner of several beautiful pieces of Belleek china!
    It's a lovely technique...always looks so elegant as does your card.
    Happy St. George's Day from a sunny England!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen Belleek China before and would be curious just by completing this technique. Happy St. George's Day to you also. Send us some of that sun!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful card Debbie. Thanks for sharing this technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!