April 28, 2013

Swallowtail for Sunday!

I love my Swallowtail Stamp! And I'm so glad it made it to our next catalog. Even though the stamp is huge, there is so much you can do with it. Today I am showing it as a white embossed butterfly in which I used the "Emboss Resist Technique":


Once you have embossed your butterfly image, use sponges to apply ink over the embossing. Wipe the embossing with a tissue once you are done to clean up the ink. I hand-cut my swallowtail and glued her to Crumb Cake Cardstock:


Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Stamps: Swallowtail, Wishes Your Way
  • Inks: Craft White, Wisteria Wonder, Pretty In Pink, Raspberry Ripple
  • Cardstock: Raspberry Ripple, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
  • Tools: Heat Tool, White Embossing Powder, Petal Cone Die, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers


Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mihaela for stopping by today!

      Delete
  2. Oh Debbie, I'm glad this gorgeous image made it to the new catalog too. I put off getting it, some people thought it's way to big and, honestly, I thought so too. But since it's introduction on the Spring catalog, I've seen a lot of cards and projects made with it that are gorgeous so that slowly changed my mind. I had to stop thinking that cutting parts of it to make it fit on a smaller card base was ok and that it still looks amazing. A friend of mine stamped some of the images for me on water color paper and also on Whisper White just so I could try different coloring techniques on them and it was fabulous. Doing the Emboss Resist technique gives this beautiful butterfly a whole new look, whether you use white or colored embossing powder. I saw one card stamped on black card stock and heat embossed in white and it was amazing. So, I'm going to get this stamp once the new catalog gets to my house and I'm going to try this and all the other techniques with it. Thank you for all of your wonderful ideas and for sharing them.
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I could give you some inspiration Maria. You won't regret purchasing this stamp. Of course I'm partial to butterfly's...always first on my list. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Love your work, Debbie! I can always find inspiration on your blog! Sheila Thompson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sheila, so glad you stopped by today!

      Delete
  4. Guessing I am going to have to order this beauty since it is still with it and I've seen sooooo many beautiful creations using it...(and sadly a few not so beautiful!)....Love your colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I was intimidated by the size of the stamp at first but love all the different options it allows. So nice to hear from you again!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!