April 5, 2013

Stampers for Others-March Challenge!

I went masculine this month for our Stampers for Others Challenge. The challenge was to use the following colors:


I used our "Canvas Creations",  which is a blank canvas that you can stamp on and even though it feels exactly like a thick fabric, our framelits can cut right through this material:


I really like the splotchy look of the ink once you stamp it on this canvas. I also used "Sponge Daubers" to add some color to the sky and water. The best way to adhere this type of medium is to use "Sticky Strip":


I used the de-bossed side of the "Cloudy Day Textured Impressions Folder" as I thought the reverse dots were portrayed better and the definition of the clouds really popped with the color combination we used this month.

Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Stamp Sets: The Open Sea, Best Dad Ever
  • Inks: Soft Suede, Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue
  • Cardstock: Soft Suede, Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue, Canvas Creations
  • Accessories: Baker's Twine, 7/16th Natural Trim
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Cloudy Day Textured Impressions Folder, Window Frames Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Sponge Daubers
  • DSP: Neutrals Paper Stack
 
Just a quick note, we are fastly approaching our 2nd week at Create with Connie and Mary's Card "Create"tions All Occasions Edition and would love to have you join us!

* Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards with 18 stamp sets featured!
* March 31 - April 20
* Printable supply lists, measurements and directions
* 24/7 access
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!
* Meet designers Connie Babbert, Mary Brown, Elizabeth Price, Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson and Deb Currier!
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. Very smart ...I do like the effect the canvas gives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you can cut it with framelits Sarah! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Love this card design Debbie! I need to get that set out and use it more than I do....it is so special! And I just added the Canvas Creations to the order I am about to put in tonite....thanks for sharing your tips and tricks! Hope your are getting some spring weather....ours is coming back after rain off and on. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I have another card posting on Wednesday that I think is even prettier than this one and stamping on Canvas Creations, be on the lookout for it. Thanks!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!