April 3, 2013

Hexagons and more Hexagons!

Hi there stampers! So nice of you to visit again today! I think my 3-week old cold is finally starting to break. I haven't mentioned it in my blog but I've been so sick. I'm so glad I had some blog posts scheduled ahead so I didn't have to worry about you missing any posts. Dave did take me to the ER on Saturday to finally receive some anti-biotics. Doctors are so leary of giving anti-biotics to us now. I called and asked for medication 2 weeks ago and was told no, to let it run its course. I think I am finally on the mends.

Anyway, on to today's card. As many of you know, our new challenge at stillADDinktive had to come to an end because of busy schedules. This is a card I had created ahead of time for one of our upcoming April challenges and am now posting it today for you:


I just love Stampin' Up!'s hexagon embossing folder. I embossed my Very Vanilla Cardstock panel first and then proceeded to emboss the three other colors: Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso and Not Quite Navy Cardstocks.  I hand-cut these hexagons quite easily with my Paper Snips. We are all crossing our fingers that Stampin' Up! will have either a hexagon punch or hexagon framelits in the upcoming catalog on June 1st.  I met certain goals a week ago and will be part of the catalog unveiling party on April 20th. I may know a few things ahead of you and hopefully can share!


I added a few butterflies and Rhinestone Jewels to finish off my card. What an easy, simple but yet elegant card don't you think? Thanks so much for visiting me today!


Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade, Not Quite Navy
  • Inks: Lucky Limeade, Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso
  • Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, Itty Bitty Banners
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Hexagon Textured Folder, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Bitty Banners Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better.
    I like this folder too...very versatile...but you're right, a punch or die would be good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, after 3 weeks I've had enough of this bad cold!

      Delete
  2. Please, please make it a punch!!!! Punching is so much quicker for this than the dies. I'm glad you are feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Ellen. Although I don't mind fussy-cutting a punch would sure make things easier and quicker! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. Love the retro feel to this pattern! Reminds me of the bathroom tile in my childhood home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Chellie, it totally is retro...thanks!

      Delete
  4. This is such a wonderful design and I love the butterflies in the center! We were discussing at our last team meeting that we hoped there would be a punch. Crossing my fingers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too Margaret. Thought you were going to give me some inside info! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. I hope they come out with a framlit as well. I have tremmors and try as I may I just can't make good cuts. I have seen them in the UK sites but I don't know if they ship to the US.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!