April 2, 2013

Happy Birthday to my daughter Jessica!

Today is my daughter Jessica's birthday. She was born 28 years ago, my oldest, and it is so hard to believe I have a child that old. I am very proud to say she has worked very hard and diligently these past three years as a single mom to a now 5 year old, a full-time college student and working part-time for the college she was attending. In December she earned a 4 year degree in Mental Health that took her only 3 years to earn. She didn't even break for the summer months like most college students do. She landed a job at a local facility here about a month ago and really likes what she is doing.

So here is today's card, a birthday card for Jessica:


I decided to create a "Tri Shutter Card". This card was such a nice card to create. I did make this card during Sale-A-Bration so the designer paper you see here is from the "Sycamore Street Designer Paper" that is no longer available. The photo below shows what the card looks like from atop:


And how it folds flat for mailing:


Another view of some of the panels:


And sitting flat in the open position:


The sentiment on the inside is from the stamp set "Perfect Punches" and of course it coordinates with the "Wide Oval Punch":


I just love the verse for the front of the card from the "Vintage Verses Stamp Set" cut and outlined using the "Window Frames Framelits Dies":


Here is the pattern with measurements if you would like to create this card:


Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Stamps: Vintage Verses, Perfect Punches
  • Inks: Rich Razzleberry
  • Accessories: Brads, Rhinestone Jewels, Island Indigo 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon
  • Cardstock: Island Indigo, Whisper White
  • DSP: Sycamore Street
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Window Frames Framelits Dies, Wide Oval Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. I hope Jessica has a lovely day...she deserves it after all her hard work. Lovely card...I'm sure she will be thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to give my daughter a rain check on taking her out to eat as I was so sick but she did love her card and gifts!

      Delete
  2. What a awesome card!! I love that DSP. I been hoarding it beacause I don't know how to show it off. And you did a fab Job with It!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this paper also Laura. Always sad to see it go during Sale-A-Bration though :(

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday and big congratulations to Jessica....and to you! Fabulous card...I need to get brave and make one one of these days...thank you for all of the pics and the layout! Hope you are feeling better and had a lovely Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally feeling better Carol. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!