Here are the duo colors for this weeks challenge: Calypso Coral & Blushing Bride
When Stampin' Up! retires colors, I normally don't keep any of the ink pads, refills, markers or cardstock. Blushing Bride was a color that retired last year and I held on to this color only because this was the closest to skin color.......so I had some on had to use! I was so excited! And yes readers, this color is returning in the new catalog!
Here is my card for the challenge:
I started out by embossing the Blushing Bride Cardstock base with the Hexagon Embossing Folder.
Next I used my Ovals Framelits Dies and cut out the scallop oval using the Calypso Coral Cardstock and adding a Whisper White Cardstock layer:
I stamped the sentiment from Blooming with Kindness and the splotch stamp from My Paper Pumpkin #1, both using Crumb Cake Ink. The butterflies were inked in Calypso Coral and Crumb Cake Inks. The addition of a few Pearl Jewels add a little bit of elegance to the overall card:
- Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Whisper White
- Inks: Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake
- Stamps: Blooming with Kindness, Papillon Potpourri, Best of Butterflies, My Paper Pumpkin #1
- Accessories: Pearl Jewels
- Tools: Big Shot Machine, Hexagon Embossing Folder, Ovals Framelits Dies, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals