April 18, 2013

CCMC248!

First I want to start out my day by saying "Happy Birthday to my Mom"! My mom completed chemo back in February for lymphoma after 6 months of treatments and we just heard good news that she is cancer free! Thanks everyone for your prayers!

Welcome to a new challenge this week for Create with Connie & Mary. This week we have a color challenge:


And in keeping with my promise for this month, I am using stamp image #3 in the "Best of Flowers" stamp set:


I just love blue and yellow together. Reminds me of my basketball, volleyball and softball days in high school. Our school colors were blue & gold and we were the "Crusaders". We as females called ourselves the "Crusaderettes"! Miss those days and wish I still played sports! I still have in my possession, the state championship softball that I  myself caught for the very last out during my senior year to clinch our title! Just a little tidbit about myself!

Anyway, enough of that. I stuck to a clean card today by using just a dab of embossing and layering everything with the Summer Starfruit color and you'll notice that I stamped the image twice. The first time with Summer Starfruit Ink and using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, stamped a 2nd time using Gumball Green. I moved the 2nd image over a dab to show a shadow:


Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Stamps: Best of Flowers, Pretty Postage
  • Cardstock: Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Whisper White
  • Inks: Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green
  • DSP: Patio Party
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels, Midnight Muse 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon
Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

17 comments:

  1. I love your card! The colors are totally awesome and I hate Summer Starfruit! I got my really big laugh of the day though on your description of the Big "Shot" Machine. TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I can't believe I did that. It's all fixed...sssh! Don't tell anyone! Thanks for alerting me as I always double-check the day of posting and I missed it!

      Delete
  2. Debbie, I loved reading about your high school sports days. Congrats (belated lol) on catching the winning softball. That must have been a HUGE thrill! Anyway, I love your card too especially the way you stamped the flowers twice for a shadow effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, yes it was a big thrill and still feels like just yesterday. I don't usually divulge much about myself on my blog!

      Delete
  3. What a great way to use this cute stamp! On first look, I thought it was embossed...but then saw the shadow. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I really do like the smaller version of this stamp image!

      Delete
  4. Wow!! This is beautiful! I love all the texture and the way you over stamped the flower image! Love the look of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I'm so glad I purchased this Best of Flowers stamp set. I love all 4 images!

      Delete
  5. Love these colors together. Great layout too. How happy you all must be with such good news about your mom; certainly does make for a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment about my mom Patti. So glad she is still with us!

      Delete
  6. So pleased to hear your mum is doing well...that must be a great relief.
    Lovely colours and I like the banner behind the stamped panel and the embossing - very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! I love how you double stamped the flowers, it really pops!! I am going to have to give that a try now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, so glad you are on our team!

      Delete
  8. HI Debbie, I really like the design of your card and the arrangement of your elements. Great way to stamp the flowers (I always loved those daisies so it's great to see them again!) using both colors! Beautiful card. So glad to hear the good news regarding your mom's health too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I love the 3-d look the double stamping gives! It really makes the flowers come alive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! The shadow stamping is so pretty! So happy to hear your Mom is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!