April 1, 2013

3D Bunny Lollipop Holder!

A few days before Easter I found a cute little bunny lollipop holder and I just had to make one for Kaitlynn. I didn't have time to post it for you before Easter so here it is for you today. I found the pattern HERE from Oriental Trading if you would like to try one of these for yourself. Isn't this bunny cute?


Instead of using the printed face, I of course used my Stampin' Up! punches to create my own face. Here is a list of what you need:


  • Pattern, cut on Whisper White Cardstock
  • Small Heart Punch: Cut 2 using Pretty In Pink Cardstock
  • 3/4" Circle Punch: Cut 2 eyes using Whisper White Cardstock
  • Owl Punch: Cut 2 eyes using the 2 smaller circles in Basic Black & Whisper White Cardstock
  • Cotton Balls
  • DumDum Lollipop
  • Sticky Strip
  • Basic Gray Ink
  • Basic Gray Stampin' Write Marker
  • Sponge Dauber
Assemble the face as shown in the photo below. Sponge all the pieces using Basic Gray Ink before you assemble:


I hand-drew the freckles:


You will notice in the photo above that the hand-cut pattern is larger than the actual project in the photo below. The first pattern I found on Pinterest was much larger than the one from Oriental Trading and was too large for a dumdum lollipop!

For the ears, I used the Blossom Builder Punch:


Because my pattern is re-sized, the cotton balls were a little too large so I tore off what I needed and rolled them into a ball. I glued them both in place using Stampin' Dimensionals.


I was having a hard time to get the bunny to stay standing without gluing the dumdum down. I added a few small strips of Sticky Strip under the dumdum and everything stayed in place on the bottom once I pushed down on it. For the top, I tied a small piece of ribbon once you push down on the head. The more you push the ribbon down, the more rounded the body is!

I hope you and your family had a Happy Easter! Dave and I spent the day at home with my daughter and granddaughter as I finally had to go to the emergency room on Saturday because I've had this bad cold for 3 weeks now. I finally was able to get some antibiotics (my doc refused 2 weeks ago) and am on the mend now.




Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Terry, my granddaughter loved it!

      Delete
  2. So sweet, I will be making this next Easter. Thanks Debbie.
    Rene from OZ xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rene. So sorry I didn't get to post it earlier for this Easter. Make sure you save it!

      Delete
  3. This is adorable! Pinning this for next year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!