I used an exacto knife and a framelit shape as my pattern. Let's see how I completed this by using these steps:
Emboss or stamp an image of choice to one side of your cardstock layer. I used the "Flower Garden Textured Impressions Folder" for my embossing. Select a framelit shape to use on your card front and figure out where you will be placing it. I centered mine as shown in the photo above.
Using your exacto knife, cut around the framelit shape by starting near the embossed image on one end, cutting around the framelit shape and cutting all the way to the other end where the embossing appears. If using a stamped image, do the same.
Remove framelit and continue cutting by guiding your exacto knife close to the embossed edges and once you have connected both ends, remove the cut-out.
If you would like to re-create my card, I used "Sponge Daubers" to add ink to the embossing by gently rubbing the color to the "bumps". I then glued a "Cherry Cobbler Cardstock" layer to the back of the "hole" I created and slid 2 more cardstock layers cut with smaller framelits under the flowers. One in "Whisper White Cardstock" and the 2nd in "Early Espresso Cardstock":
EDITED: There is a little bit of confusion on how I added the layers to my card so I've added the sizes and steps for you:
- Early Espresso Card Base: 4 1/4" x 11". Score in half at 5.5" and fold
- Whisper White Cardstock: 4" x 5 1/4". Emboss Flower Garden Folder and cut framelit shape as directed in the steps above. Sponge all the edges and the inside of your hole using a Sponge Dauber and Early Espresso Ink/ Do not glue in place yet. Using Sponge Daubers, gently sponge ink color on the embossing (on the bumps). I used Daffodil Delight & Early Espresso.
- Cherry Cobbler Cardstock: 3 3/4" x 5". Glue behind the Whisper White Cardstock. This color will peek through the hole you cut. Do not add glue under the embossed flowers just yet, only apply glue around the 4 edges and press in place. Glue this layer to your card base.
- Whisper White Cardstock: Cut a piece using a framelit a size smaller than the one you cut your hole with. Sponge all the edges. Glue on top of the Cherry Cobbler Cardstock by sliding under your embossed flower. Press in place.
- Early Espresso Cardstock: Cut a piece using a framelit a size smaller than the one you cut in Whisper White Cardstock. Glue on top of the Whisper White Cardstock by sliding under your embossed flower. Press in place. Stamp sentiment using VersaMark Ink. Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and set with your Heat Tool.
- Glue ribbon in place using Mini Glue Dots
- Cardstock: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
- Inks: Craft White, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight
- Tools: Sponge Daubers, Big Shot Machine, Labels Collection Framelits, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Flower Garden Textured Impressions Folder, Mini Glue Dots
- Stamps: Bloomin' Marvelous (Sale-A-Bration)
- Accessories: Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon