March 19, 2013

stillADDinktive #7!

Good afternoon stampers! Welcome to a brand new sketch & color challenge at stillADDinktive! I am also very pleased to announce that Bronwyn & Kathy have asked me to continue on for another 3 months once March is over with....and I'm honored girls! Thank you!

This is the sketch and color combo for this week. You can combine both or do one or the other, your choice:


The colors are Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry & Pretty In Pink. I decided to create a shaped card for my submission this week:


Using the Florals Frames Framelits Dies, how did I do this without snipping off the ends of my petals to make the card fold? My first step was to cut a card with the fold intact so yes, I did have 2 petals that were on the fold, so part of the petals appear to be missing. But you can't see that! Next I cut a single flower with only one layer of cardstock. Before I glued it to the card front, I decorated my single flower front as shown. I proceeded to cut a size smaller flower framelit with Old Olive Cardstock and cut off 2 sets of double-petals to use as the leaves. I glued them to my single layer from the back and then added the ribbon. Now I was ready to glue to the card front. Line up the petals and you now have a card with the petals on the fold showing!


The doves and banner were stamped with Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive Inks and then hand-cut with Paper Snips and glued on with Stampin' Dimensionals. Lots of layers makes for a pretty card!

Make sure you visit stillADDinktive to see what my teammates have come up with this week. Everyone always does such a great job don't they?

Stampin' Up! supplies:
  • Cardstock: Pretty In Pink, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
  • Inks: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Pretty In Pink
  • Accessories: 3/8" Old Olive Dotted Scallop Ribbon, Tea Lace Paper Doily
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Floral Frames Framelits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips
  • Stamps: Daydream Medallions, Wishes Your Way, Decorate A Daisy


 


Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Love the colors in the challenge! Great fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever solution to the "cut off petals" problem when doing a shaped card like this. Super pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering how you made this - very clever indeed! You come up with the coolest ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the way you interpreted the sketch - just gorgeous with the little birds and banner! This is such a beautiful, shaped card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet Debbie, I love the shape and that we both did the same shaped card with completely different looks!! So glad you are posting to your blog again, I am always inspired by your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful card Debbie. The shape is wonderful and I love your little razzleberry birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Debbie, I love the shape you used, the doily and the pretty birds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, Debbie. Love all the layering & those sweet, popped up birdies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!