This is the sketch and color combo for this week. You can combine both or do one or the other, your choice:
The colors are Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry & Pretty In Pink. I decided to create a shaped card for my submission this week:
Using the Florals Frames Framelits Dies, how did I do this without snipping off the ends of my petals to make the card fold? My first step was to cut a card with the fold intact so yes, I did have 2 petals that were on the fold, so part of the petals appear to be missing. But you can't see that! Next I cut a single flower with only one layer of cardstock. Before I glued it to the card front, I decorated my single flower front as shown. I proceeded to cut a size smaller flower framelit with Old Olive Cardstock and cut off 2 sets of double-petals to use as the leaves. I glued them to my single layer from the back and then added the ribbon. Now I was ready to glue to the card front. Line up the petals and you now have a card with the petals on the fold showing!
The doves and banner were stamped with Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive Inks and then hand-cut with Paper Snips and glued on with Stampin' Dimensionals. Lots of layers makes for a pretty card!
Make sure you visit stillADDinktive to see what my teammates have come up with this week. Everyone always does such a great job don't they?
Stampin' Up! supplies:
- Cardstock: Pretty In Pink, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
- Inks: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Pretty In Pink
- Accessories: 3/8" Old Olive Dotted Scallop Ribbon, Tea Lace Paper Doily
- Tools: Big Shot Machine, Floral Frames Framelits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips
- Stamps: Daydream Medallions, Wishes Your Way, Decorate A Daisy