March 23, 2013

Saturday Simple!

Today's card introduces a cool background. I created this background using my Simply Scored Scoring Tool. Take a peek:

I thought I would dig out my "Simply Scored Scoring Tool" and my "Diagonal Scoring Plate" and play with both items by creating a background. What a quick and easy way to achieve this background. I scored triple scored lines diagonally in both directions, 1" apart. How cool is that? Once my card was completed, I added "Pearl Jewels" to each intersection:


For my stamped image, I first inked my stamp using "Tempting Turquoise Ink" and then used and "Midnight Muse Stampin' Write Marker" to color the teapot and the word friendship. The "Ribbon Slide" you see in the photo is no longer available as the "Holiday Catalog" is now expired. I made this card quite a while ago and am now just getting around to posting it.


Stampin' Up! Supplies:

  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Tempting Turquoise
  • Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Midnight Muse Stampin' Write Marker
  • Stamps: From My Heart
  • Tools: Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Diagonal Scoring Place, Big Shot Machine, Window Frames Framelits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: Ribbon Slides (retired), 3/8" Midnight Muse Stitched Satin Ribbon, Pearl Jewels

Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

10 comments:

  1. The background is gorgeous. What a great way to add dimension. Love the added pearls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine! Even though it looks like a lot of work, it really wasn't!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I thought it was an EF! Very effective design. So the 3 lines are 1/8" from each other and then 1" apart from the next set?

    Ter ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ter. Yes, I used 3 lines back-to-back on my Simply Scored and then skipped over an inch and repeated.

      Delete
  3. Love that background you created, I must try it soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background is so beautiful and the pearls are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a good way to use those pearl jewels we have that are on a string. I cut them apart with an exacto knife! Thanks Margaret!

      Delete
  5. I am sooo in love with this card, scoring, color, pearls...and centerpiece...TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!