March 14, 2013

CCMC243!

I just love the sketch we received for this week's sketch challenge at Create with Connie & Mary. I absolutely will use this one again:


Okay, here it is, my one card a year to celebrate St. Patrick's Day:


The inspiration for this card came from a photo I found in the Oriental Trading Catalog. Many times when viewing catalogs, I find stuff that I immediately think "hey, I can make a punch art out of that"! Does that ever happen to you?


Isn't my little leprechaun cute? And so easy. All you need is the "Ornament Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Word Window Punch" and a few hand-held punches for the eyes and the nose. I added freckles with a Tangerine Tango Stampin' Write Marker and hand-drew the mouth.

The shamrock was created using the "Small Heart Punch" and a piece of the branch from the "Bird Punch".

Stampin' Up! supply list:
  • Cardstock: Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Garden Green, Whisper White, Blushing Bride (retired)
  • Inks: Tangerine Tango & Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
  • Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Accessories: Baker's Twine, Rhinestone Jewels
  • Tools: Ornament Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Small Heart Punch, Hand-held punches, Scallop Square Die, Scallop Square Duo Die
  • DSP: Brights Paper Pack
Look for an exciting announcement by visiting Create with Connie & Mary. We have another edition coming just for cards! This is what you'll receive:


JOIN US for a the NEW Cards "Create"tions for All Occasions Edition using occasions, nature and celebration stamp sets from the Main and Spring Mini catalogs!

* Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards with 18 stamp sets featured!
* March 31 - April 20
* Printable supply lists, measurements and directions
* 24/7 access
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!

Designers lined-up for this edition are:

Connie Babbert
Mary Brown
Elizabeth Price
Melissa Davies
Debbie Henderson
Deb Currier 


Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. This card makes me smile Debbie! Love this little guy - he's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so adorable and easy to do, too! I love finding inspiration from catalogs - there is so much out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little guy is so cute! I am in awe of those who can figure out how to make images from punches! Great job, Debbie! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooopppssss...forgot about this very cute St. Patty's card....very cute! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I have a folder of punch art "critters" and this card is going right into that folder. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little leprechaun is too cute. Such a clever job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!