February 19, 2013

stillADDinktive Sketch Challenge #5!

Good morning blog readers! We have a brand new challenge at stillADDinktive this week. I totally fell in love with the color combination shown below. The Basic Gray color seldom gets used in my stamping projects but lately I seem to be drawn to it:

Who says you always need white or vanilla on a card?


What made this card easy of course, are all of the coordinating products. See how everything matches perfectly? Do you like the illusion of a tag on my card front? All I did was cut a doily shape with my Big Shot Machine, cut it in half and I then snuck it under my panel. By adding the ribbon where the two pieces meet, you can't tell that this was pieced together can you?


Make sure you visit stillADDinktive to view the other projects submitted by the design team. We all hope you will join us for the challenge!

Stampin' Up! Supplies:

  • Cardstock: Basic Gray, Wisteria Wonder, Raspberry Ripple
  • Inks: Raspberry Ripple
  • Stamps: Bloomin Marvelous (Sale-A-Bration)
  • Tools: Big Shot, Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies, Hearts A Flutter Framelits Dies, Delicate Doilies Sizzlits Die, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Bitty Butterfly Punch
  • Accessories: Glimmer Brads, Stitched Satin Ribbon
  • DSP: In Color Paper Pack

Thanks for stopping by to visit!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Follow Me on Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful...and I agree that we don't always need Whisper White or Very Vanilla for a card...sometimes colored base cards are such a fun surprise and show some out of the box crafting! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I thought the Wisteria and Cobbler looked super against the gray!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty card Debbie, I like how you put the design elements together and your finishing touches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your card designs. You are such an inspiration to me. Thank you for posting some of your card ideas. I was very sad when you posted that you would be changing your format. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you embraced this weeks colours Debbie :) Your splashes of raspberry against the grey and wisteria are so eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous take on these colours, Debbie! The butterflies are a sweet touch & I love the sparkly brads, especially using one to finish off your bow. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!